Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Availability Control

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Project Availability control I'm using option warning with mail to person responsible and in person responsible I've maintained SAP ID of a particular employee and it is set usage at 90%. I've created a PR with 100% current budget of that WBS and during saving of that PR it gives a warning but after saving I was expecting mail in my outlook inbox instead I got a mail in my SAP MAILBOX.

I'm wondering though I've maintained my mail ID in user maintenance (SU01) why I didn't get any mail in my outlook?

Please help me to get out of this.

Thanks,

Soubhagya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow below steps:

1) In SU01, add user's email address and select 'Comm. Method' to 'E-mail'

2) In SO16, on Mail sy.grp tab,  select radio button 'Send to Home Addresses of Users'

3) In SO16, on Addressing tab, press 'Reset buffer' button

Regards

Shrikant

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srikant,

As i know there is another solution as below:

1. Click the SAP Business Workplace (mailbox) button.

2. Click on menu path: Settings> Office settings

3. window that opens, click the Automatic forwarding tab

4.Click upper Create button

5. Enter your email address in the first box. Select “External address” from the drop down list in

the second box.

6. a. To make the setting permanent, enter 9999 for the year as shown.

b. The default setting is to forward the message and to also place it in the SAP inbox. You can uncheck the box if you DON’T want it placed into the SAP inbox.

c. Click or press enter when finished.

7. Click Enter

This process also used for forwarding SAP Mails to Outlook Mails.

Correct me if i am wrong

Thanks

Sunil

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

Thanks for your reply. I've gone through that process but I didn't get any mail neither in outlook nor in SAP Mailbox. Is there any thing else I'm missing?

Earlier I use to forward mail in my SAP Mailbox manually but the status I get "wait for communications service".

Thanks,

Soubhagya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soubhagya,

It seems that some BASIS settings are missing. Please contact your BASIS consultant.

Regards

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soubhagya,

I found below info after some research:

1. BASIS needs to schedule a background job to send emails using program RSCONN01.

2. As per SAP help - In transaction SCOT, under Settings  ® Confirmation of Receipt¸ check the selected settings. Ensure that the option SAPconnect does not expect receipt confirmation for Internet mail is selected.

I would suggest you check this by involving BASIS person. Hope this helps.

Regards

Shrikant

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

What about my previous reply.

am i right? Please check once

thanks

Sunil

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

Thanks for the help. It's working fine now. But there is one problem that every time BASIS person has to run SCOT for sending mail. Is there any way by which system will run SCOT in the background.

Thanks,

Soubhagya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soubhagya,

Definitely background job can be scheduled for SCOT. I suggest you search in google/SDN with term 'sap background job for SCOT'. You will find many SDN links. As link farming is not allowed I am not pasting any link here

Regards

Shrikant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The below help link will help to you for resolving the issue.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/Send+Message+to+External+email+id+and+SAP+User+id+via+ABAP

Regards

Rao