cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO production system needs to be on SP21 as a part of EHP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

APO production system needs to be  on SP21 as a part of EHP5.

but current version of APO is SP16. on version 5.

so SP21 is a prerequisite.

kindly advise

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shantha,

????  What is the question? If you need SP21, then upgrade to SP21.  Am I missing something here?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

no just want the confirmation that without upgradng to SP21 we can't implement EHP5 or not.

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shantha,

What do you mean by EHP5? Which SCM version you are talking about?

As far as my knowledge goes, it's always possible to do an upgrade from a lower version to a higher version.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pawan,

EHP5 mean enhancement pack 5. we plan to upgrade from EHP4 to EHP5. tht is 4.7 and 4.6c version to ECC6.0. so i need to know separately for APO system do we need to ugrade to SP1.kindly clarify.

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shantha,

Enhancement package is linked to a particular version of some SAP system e.g. we have EHP1 & EHP2, etc on SCM7.0 also, so your just saying EHP5 without mentioning that you are talking about ECC was not clear.

Now at least your question is a bit clear that since you are upgrading from 4.6c/4.7 to ECC6 EHP5, you want to check if APO also should be upgraded from SCM5.0 SP16 to SCM5.0 SP21.

I know that ECC 6.0 works quite well with SCM5.0, but I am not sure if some APO or R/3 functionality would get impacted with EHP5 when SCM is at SP16. I hope someone else who moved to EHP5 on ECC6 would be able to comment.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shantha,

I doubt that any SCM upgrade is required (although it is always desirable to be at the latest service pack).  However, it would take a better memory than mine to remember the prerequisites for the entire number of possible combinations that can exist.

Luckily for you, any required prerequisites will be contained in your upgrade documentation.   Consult with your Basis team.

Best regards,

DB49