cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Advice needed in /n/sapapo/cdps0 ( Detailed Scheduling Panning Board)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

I have requirement that to block a complete area depending upon the scheduling done in /n/sapapo/cdps0..For that i am quering the table to get the Area name from the resources blocked..My issue where to have the logic to block the Area is there a Heuristic available for this .Please let me know the if any BAPI or FM exist and BADIS for the same..

Thx..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583456
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use the PP/DS heuristic SAP_DS_03 for your requirement.

Best regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

Thx for your reply but the p heuristic is for planning and fixing intervals..did you use previously for the same requirement..The requiremnt is very critical and you help is really appreciated..

Mir

former_member583456
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

from what I understood, this is exactly what you need: After you have finished the planning you want to block, i.e. fix a certain interval of a resource, for this task you can use the mentioned heuristic. If this is not your requirement then please give me a more detailed description of your needs.

Best regards, Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas ,

You got me partially right , in the PPDS planning board i need to realtime block un bloack resources also add up special hours if the specified products are added in the schedule..

Can you share your email id plz..

Regards,

Mir.

heres is the sample specification :

1. Please check the entry in DS board, Pick up the resource code and area code from the table1.

Read material combination with respect to area from the table

IF ‘Value found’ in table2, please apply blocking logic as follow.

1. Block all the resources belonging to that area (take data from table1) for blocking logic new algorithm needs to be developed in APO system. For reference ‘Enhanced blocking heuristic’ can be referred.
former_member583456
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mir,

sorry, but I cannot do anything with your sample specification. What is table1, what is table2? Could you please describe - from a business point of view - what you would like to do?

Best regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas ,

The client requirement is that they have set of resources grouped together in a defined area .This area is there for specified operations...they have predefined setup time for each area which we need to capture and block the resources in the planning board..

My doubt is how to block the resources in the planning board..do i need to capture the simversion then which approach to take up...please advice as i am new to planning board..

Thx in advance..

former_member583456
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mir,

I still cannot see why you cannot use the mentioned standard heuristic for this task. Anyway. If you create your own heuristic you will not have to care about how to fetch the planning version, this (among additional information) will be passed to your heuristic automatically:

1. Create your own heuristic function module and give it exactly the same interface used by the standard heuristics, e.g. /SAPAPO/HEUR_REL_FIXINT_MAINT. (Take a look at the interface and you will see the planning version, etc.)

2. Maintain your own funtion module in transaction SM30, view /SAPAPO/VHEURFNC.

3. Maintain your own heuristic in transaction /SAPAPO/CDPSC11.

4. Add this to one of your heuristic profiles. Using this profile in your planning board session will enable you to call your heuristic, set a break-point in the first line of your heuristic function module and see what you get as input via the interface.

5. Now you can develop your own logic in your own function module. See function group /SAPAPO/CDPS_HEURISTICS in the package /SAPAPO/CDPS to get some examples.

Best regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas ,

Thanks for the reply , can we reuse the logic for SAP_DS_03 to add the extra time for scheduling or else you advise me to build my own logic..I am a normal abap guy , in APO as you will know that we need to update the live cache and then if they we want to save  , then we need to update in DATABASE , this type of architecture i am not aware of, can you please advice how to proceed please..

Really appreciate your patience and understanding for this issue..

Regards,

Mir.

former_member583456
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mir,

yes, this is a good approach to copy the standard heuristic and make your own extensions to it.

As for the save-logic: You do not have to care about the save, the heuristic framework is doing that for you, in fact you must not do any commit or rollback work in your heuristic. (In rare cases, where you have own data in own tables you have to implement some BADIs, but only in these exceptional cases and even then you provide only some functions, you never raise the commit on your own.)

So, the heuristic should never access database tables or the liveCache directly, it should always use the APO function modules /SAPAPO/... (/SAPAPO/OM... for liveCache). The best way to get familiar with it, is to have a look at some of the standard heuristics.

Best regards

Thomas

Answers (0)