Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find permitted vales for a field for a perticuler authorization object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to know if there is any standard process, any table or T-code, to find out the permitted values in the system for a field of a authorization object. i know we can check the F4 values but in my case there are not values for F4. i am using the object "S_SCRP_TXT" in a role and i need to know the permitted values for the field 'TEXTNAME' so that we can use the wildcards correctly. please let me know if there is any standard table/t-code or or let me know the table which stores the values of field TEXTNAME.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use SO10 to get your list of texts.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mayank,

Check out for the table TACTZ.

Regards,

Dipesh

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

TACTZ does not help in this case, because the field S_SCRP_TXT is not about ACTVT....

If there is no underlying check table defined (see SU20) you have a chance to find allowed values in

teh domain definition of the underlying DD-field (tab 'value rnage').

Unfortunately not in this case, field is defined  as CHAR 70, w. o. value ranges.

So in this case: standard procedure: switchon ST01, perform the required actions, assign

required authorization values as per trace result.

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use SO10 to get your list of texts.

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

thanks, it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can someone tell me how to close this. i did not find the link for the same.

0 Kudos

When its answered its like closing

You have already maked it as answered.

It will not be locked, if some one want to add something later they can.

Regards,

Ajesh.