cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic transfer of STO from APO to R/3 (rel. 5.1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi fellas,

I have a strange problem with automatic transfers of STO from Tx /SAPAPO/SNPTLB. I have defined "default" for my user settings in Tx //C4, but sometimes the STO is automatically transferred to R/3 when I move a deployment stock transfer to the TLB shipments. Does anyone have an idea how to monitor what is going on?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Go to below SPRO path:

Advanced Planning and Optimization-> Supply Chain Planning-> Supply Network Planning (SNP)-> Basic Settings-> Configure Transfer to OLTP Systems.

If you don't want results of TLB to be transferred immediately to R/3, select the option "Periodic transfer". Currently, in TLB section, you would see that "immediate transfer" must be checked. This has to be changed.

After this change, you could send the TLB results to R/3 using the transaction /n/sapapo/c5 or /sapapo/rrp7.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

It is more complicated. The automatic transfer occurs only sometimes. If I deal with certain transportation lanes it never happens. With some others it happens sometimes (not always). The setting that you mention is set correct ("Periodic Transfer"). The other interesting fact is, that the problem only happens if I have set "default" for my ID in C4. If I set the data transfer to collect changes the problem does not occur. Somehow I trigger the data transfer from APO to R/3 by adding a deployment quantity to the TLB shipment. I do not have a clue how this happens.

If I set the setting to "collect changes" in C4, it would work fine, but I also have to transfer some other data (PO/PReqs)  in Tx /SAPAPO/RRP4 to R/3. Those data could be sent to R/3 from within that Tx, but only with the setting "default" in C4. With the setting "Collet changes" I have to run Tx /SAPAPO/RRP7 afterwards. /SAPAPO/RRP4 is PP/DS related and data are transferred immediately by default. /SAPAPO/SNPTLB is SNP related and data are collected before transferred by default.

I wonder if there is a difference between the receiving locations or the transportation lanes that are causing the different behaviour of Tx /SAPAPO/SNPTLB. For some reason the change pointer is processes and the STO transferred to R/3.

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

"Collect changes" in C4 will definitely over-ride other settings, and will not allow changes to be sent to R/3. So that behaviour is correct.

Doubt is about why some TLB order changes go to R/3 and some not. The behaviour should be the same for all the TLB orders.

We only faced a kind of similar issue related to PReqs where PReqs created in R/3 and CIFed to APO were getting deleted in SNP Heruristics run, and this deletion was also being sent to R/3 immediately leading to a deletion there also (even though SNP publication settings were periodic transfer). The workaround used was to have a separate user for this batch job step and collect changes for it, so that deletion won't reach R/3.

I guess now that we should have checked with SAP also which somehow we didn't do.

Looks like SAP bug to me, but I can't really comment more. Better raise OSS message with SAP to get a solution to the issue.

Thanks - Pawan