cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vehicle master (O4V1) transfer to EWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How to transfer vehicle master data (O4V1) from ECC to EWM and what we call this vehicle in EWM . Through CIF can we do this tranfer. If not what are the other options.

Thanks,

Srikanth.A

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

I cannot see that you can transfer vehicle master data through CIF. Also, I did not find a transaction in Customizing to map the Vehicles form ERP to EWM. I think that the same principle as Handling units and Transport Units applies here and so there is no transfer of data between the to systems in this regard.

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maxim ,

Thanks a lot for your inputs. I think equivalent object to vehicle master in EWM is either Vehicle or TU . Am I right ?  So I will try to do through IDOC/Proxy. Is there any standard FM to create the vehicle or TU in EWM.

Thanks,

Srikanth.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Indeed, in EWM you use the Vehicle and TU mainly for the Yard Management and Transportation Management business processes but I have seen many other processes where these two are used. I am not sure what you mean  when you say FM but if you are reffering to the transaction where these are managed these are:

- /SCWM/VEH - Process Vehicle

- /SCWM/TU - Process Transportation Unit

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maxim,

Thanks for your inputs.

FM means any function module . Is it possible to create automatically TU when ever Outbound delivery created through PPF.

Thanks,

Srikanth.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

I am not sure. Usually you can create a HU automatically for the ODO trough the help of Pack Specs but you can still check out the Action Profiles for the delivery to see if you can find an action there that will suffice.

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, there is a PPF action to create TU for a delivery doc, /SCWM/PRD_CREATE_VEH. For that the information must be entered as shipping information in the ERP inbound or outbound delivery (not as HU!). Used fields are Means of Transport Type, Means of Transport ID, and Means of Transport.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Juergen.

Thanks for help. The above PPF , iam not able to see in any action profile. Which profile this action defintion exists..

Thanks,

Srikanth.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Juergen.

Thanks for help. The above PPF , iam not able to see in any action profile. Which profile this action defintion exists..

Thanks,

Srikanth.A

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is probably in the shared profile /SCDL/PRD_CMMN.

Brgds

Juergen