cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

editing the xml file for EhP5 installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I'm currently trying to install EhP5 into our ECC6 system.

In the past this was installed with a lot of software components which never were used. Thus it makes no sense to upgrade them.

Now by mistake a lot of stuff was downloaded from the marketplace and the xml file which controls the installation contains all the information we don't need.

How can I find out which lines to comment that only the required software is installed into the system. E. g. the SAPINST asks for a package for CPMBPC. I can't find this string in the xml file.

please advice,

Cheers,

Helmut

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

Trust me you don't wnat to go down that lane. I mean if had to something like sometime back and though i cracked it by changing/hacking the .xml it was painful. First find , then remove and also take care of no extra spaces and the fact that formatting isn't disturbed.

I would much rather prefer to generate a new .XML file and supply that EHPI installer if I were you. It is safest and least cumbersome way.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit

where can I find a description how to recreate this file with the requires sw components?

Regards,

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

You need to run maintenance optimizer once again as you did earlier in the 1st run except this time not choose the unwanted components. In case you are not sure about that please let me know.

Regards.

Ruchit.