cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt about MI Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does MI Client supports a login online? When the user entries in MI, the MI Server recept a notification that the user do the login in the MI?

I registried a user, sync, MI Client gets a DEVICE ID XXX and the app is installed in MI. Now i want register a new user. Does he get a new DEVICE ID? Will i need install the app again for new user or new user can use the app installed for first user?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabricio,

MI Client does not have a online login. But through the use of some APIs and application programming this could be possibly done.

A Device Id is unique to a device(PDA or Laptop) so if there are two users the device Id will remain the same. But it is not the case for an application, this we track as a mobile Id(conversation Id in the client) This is a combination of Device Id + Application + User. When a new user is registered to a device he will not have the application the first user had. You have to explicitly assign the application to the new user so that a new mobile Id can be created. The application will not be downloaded to the device again but it will be just registered to the user.

I hope this is clear. Let me know if you have further queries.

Best Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi karthick,

one confirmation:

>mobile Id(conversation Id in the client)

i can still remember that mobileId and deviceId were interchangeably used for the

unique ID assigned to the MI client regardless of the users/applications. on the

other conversationId is assigned to an MI object (application, framework, addon)

and is generated using the 3 factors: application + user + deviceId. does the term

mobileId now refers to conversationId? im just pretty curious...

regards

jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

Mobile Id is definitely a combination of application + user + deviceId like the conversation Id. When a application is deployed to the client two mobile ids are created for the application in the middleware, one for the user and one shared. I guess you can check this using MEREP_PD.

Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks karthik,

after re-reading your post, it seems that the mobile Id you were referring to was the

term Mobile Id in the middleware. it can still remember that we need to lookup

first for the Mobile Id in the profile dialog when searching for specific messages

in the worklist monitor... i think there's another field in the profile dialog called

Mobile GUID which is the conversation Id? (I cant remember already as I don't

have access to any SAP systems now... )

what's still fresh in my memory is that:

- Mobile Id and Conversation Id has a 1:1 mapping but they have different values

- Conversation Id is a combination of Mobile Id + Application + Device ID

pls correct me if im wrong... be glad if you can check on the Mobile GUID.

regards

jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks karthik and Jo,

Now, one more question. What the best way to control the update of passwords in MI Client? The update passwords of users is configure to be 45 in 45 days in the server. How do i have to proced? How alert user in MI Client that him should update your password?

Other.. Is there a way to ask to user update your password in your first access in MI Client?

Thanks.,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi fab,

notification to the client's user might be possible, but changing SAP password from

the client might not sound feasible but is possible. i strongly do not recommend

changing your SAP password from the MI client neither is using the local setting

for SynchronizationPasswordHandlingOption. this poses a great security threat

when the device is lost. locally saved password can be easily decrypted...

i would rather suggest you to redirect your users to SAP portal for password related

updates.

regards

jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

But... What do you sugest in this case? The users don't have access in SAP MI Server, only in SAP MI Client... And the password will be to have changed.. And... Is there a way to customize SAP MI Client?

Thanks.

Message was edited by:

Fabricio Domingos Robim Cordeiro

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello fab,

im not sure if MI client has this supported with the latest release i.e. being able

to change sync password from the client. if not you will have to do this by yourself

e.g. by creating a generic sync app. your app will serve as the interface for the

user inputs (username, newPassword, oldPassword, clientNum and so on), then

make sure that you encrypt your password field when saving it and/or when inserting

it into the container. on the middleware, you will have to prepare an FM what will

decrypt your password value (using a prepared private key e.g.) and process the

password update. which FM to use might require a little research though.

first you can just use http/s without the encryption to try out your FM handler. but

when in production, i would suggest the use of encryption mechanism like PGP

(though not sure if possible in ABAP).

well, goodluck...

regards

jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

Yes I am talking about the mobile Id from the middleware, the conversation id and the mobile id have a 1:1 mapping .

Yes the Mobile GUID field in the middleware is the same as the converstion id on the client.

Since it is a 1:1 mapping conversation Id is User + Application + Device Id and not Mobile Id + Application + Device Id.

Let me know if I can be of further help.

Best Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabricio

It is definitely possible to change the sync password (ie. middleware password) from the MI Client itself. In the MI Home page there is a link called <b><i>Manage Passwords</i></b> and in this page you have an option to change the sync password. Remeber this is an online functionality which means sync password can be changed only when the server is reachable. You don have to worry about security here since the sync password is never stored in the client at all as long as your local password and sync password is not the same. Also in order to inform the users to change the sync password, you can use the System News functionality of MI which is used to broadcast messages to the end users. The transation for this is <i><b>MI_SYNEWS</b></i>> Please refer to the help documentation for more details http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/4cd95dd815376de10000000a422035/frameset.htm

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jo for your help..

Hi Sivakumar,

Thanks for your help too... I will do tests with your recomendations.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)