cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Message template in Solution Manager 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution Manager 7.1 Experts,

Can anyone advise if it's now possible to create a Support Message template in the new ITSM version, so that incident-related information is captured as per a set format?

[An earlier thread in 2010 indicated this wasn't the case, and was wondering if functionality had been enhanced]

Thanks.

Darryl Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you can, In ITSM, like create incident management, you could see one more tag as create incident management template. check the attached image i get in charm the same is applicable for incident management

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but we've already used the templates both for Incident & Change Management. What I was referring to was creating a template for a Support Message accessed by a reporter from a web link via sm_workcenter > Incident Mgmt tab:

Have you tried the Message Template from the IMG?

Darryl

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks much, Jansi. Currently unconnected.Will test when connected to our system to confirm if this addresses our needs and acknowledge appropriately.

Darryl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Tried what you suggested for creating a Support Message template, however, when I open a support Message from crm_ui and choose Edit, I don't see an option that says 'Edit My Text Templates' or takes me to the 'Edit My Text Template' dialog box. Here's what I see

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Darryl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

what you see under action? check any where you see pencil icon ? and also check whether do you hav auth to edit?

my sandbox access expired, nw i could nt able to check my side, please check and update me.

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Did you create the support message template in the Create Message screen on in the Incident Screen under crm_ui? Did not see Edit functions under Actions or under the pencil icon.

Did you mean for me to go into the Configurable area screen using the 'spanner' icon?

Is this functionality also do-able via SPRO?

Thanks.

Darryl

Answers (0)