cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purpose of different pricing procedures at order, delivery and billing level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I come to know that in real time, we can maintain one pricing procedure at order level and different pricing procedure at billing level.

Suppose when we raise a sales order to customer using PP1 (pricing proc 1 at sales order) for an item and the item value comes to 100 rupees (after discounts and taxes). we do delivery and billilng. and during billing if we use  PP2 (pricing proc 2 for billing) then obviously there might be a change in the value of the item than the sales order. Say the new price comes to 110/-

Doesn't the customer object for the change in price???

And definetly the invoice will be raised based on the new pricing procedure.. i.e at billing level pricing procedure PP2. Then y can't we maintain the PP2 at order level itself if we want to sell the item using PP2. It avoids confusion to the customer as well in the price of the goods???

Is there any different purpose of maintaining different PP for order, delivery and billing???

May be my doubts sounds to be silly, but it's been a worrysome issue for me

Regards

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

check if the below thread might gives an answer

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1943680

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

the main purpose of the two different pricing procedures in order and billing is , 

if  item cost is 10 rupees at order time, but it has changed to 12 rupees at delivery and billing time,

so the requirement is the net value should be calculated on 12 , in that scenario  we go for two pricing procedures required,

that should be controlled by copying controls between order to billing, in the item cat , pricing type field (carryout new pricing) , and u should change the condition records for the item,

and this concept is used in intercompany sales, and consignment sales,

hope u understand, if am correct,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rishi,

It's just my doubt how to handle the scenario in the interview regarding two PP's in Sdoc and Billing.

Dear Krishna K,

thanks for the link.. It made me understand the using of two PP's

former_member657193
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please clarify as this is a doubt for you or a real time scenario. As suggested by Mr PPIO the only purpose of a different pricing procedure is if you want to have a different calculation process , but as a practice and from my experience , I have not found / implemented any such scenario. To a maximum possibility what i experienced is , If there is a deviation , than that deviation amount can be captured using a Condition type in the same pricing procedure that is there at order level , or if required the condition type can be refreshed like in case of Taxes . If you can clarify the scenario may be you can have more suggestion from the experts around.

Thanks

RB

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2034430

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

some ideas...

the main aim for pricing procedure is to define a group of condition types in a particular sequence

say, which requirements must be executed, what must be processed manually, how to calculate discounts and surchages, which subtotals display during pricing,...

regards,