cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Cache Locks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

What does Live Cache Lock mean? How do we use this and what is it for? How to manage in APO? Can anyone let me know answers pls. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

When you create, change and delete orders, rows in relational tables are changed or deleted in the liveCache. The corresponding records stay locked until the end of the transaction. The maximum number of locks on relational records is determined with parameter MAXLOCKS.

If a transaction requires more than 10% of the lock list for locks onto a table, all the multiple row locks are converted into a single table lock (this is called an 'escalation'). If several transactions escalate at the same time, wait situations occur since only one transaction can set the table lock.

There is no 'management' of locks required in APO. If you are seeing many lock escalations in liveCache, an increase in the MAXLOCKS parameter might be necessary.

Thanks,

Ashwath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwath,

Thanks for your reply and it is very helpful to me. Meanwhile, how do I set the Maxlock i.e, whats the transaction for this?

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

The parameter is called MAXLOCKS. You can set it in DBMgui or transaction LC10.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashwath.

Bala