cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

passing of data to other window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a requirement. I have to display a table in new window on the action of button. but I am having a lot of data which I can not pass to url.

So someone please help me to know how can I pass data to new window, because data can not be passed through context.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suchender,

As per my understanding, you can create a Table Type with your required structure, and create an attribute at ComponentController / Assistance Class level, and set the values at Current Window level, and use the same at your New Window level, all set of values will be reflected as it is.

Hope you understood.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Chengalarayulu D,

Can you please explain me in detail.

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean is it External window.. if yes, is this window is in same component or other component.. please clarify.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this is external window within same component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suchendar.

Did you tried with context in component controller or not? Didn't it work for you?

Regards,

Fareez

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you able to open window now?... if yes, so follow the below steps..

1. let your node structure is ID, NAME, ADDRESS...

2. create a structure same as at SE11 level... zst_sample

3. create a table type using above structure.. ztt_sample

4. double click on Component Controller, and attributes.. create an attribute gt_sample type ztt_sample.

5. on button click.. fetch the values.. and assign those to gt_sample..

6. on External Window.. you can directly access gt_sample like this.. wd_comp_controller->gt_sample..

7. now you will be able to use all the values.

hope you understood well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

as a new window is opening internal table is reset to blank.

it doesnot contain any data.

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so, you are using individual node at context of your new window's view.... so, go to WDDOINIT of View.. and bind the gt_sample values to that node.. it will get resolve.

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

don't forget, WDDOINIT of view of ExternalWindow.

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

don't forget, WDDOINIT of view of ExternalWindow.

former_member210621
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suchender,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use component controller's context. It is global and available to all the windows of a component.

Regards,

Fareez

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suchender

As Fareez says you can share the Nodes from the COMPONENTCOTROLLER to all the views in a WDA Component , so you can call window (view) from the same WDA .

If you need to call a window from other WDA component, you can share NODES between differents WDA Components by seeting the  INTEFACE NODE attribute to the Node, then you can share that Node from the caller WDA to the called WDA . 

Regards

Frank