cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with EJB Explorer in Web Services Perspective

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been using NWDS SP09 to create Web services out of Java classes and EJBs, for months. In the middle of a NWDS session yesterday, for some reason all the EJB Module projects suddenly no longer show the ejbModule folder in the EJB Explorer of the Web Services Perspective (they show ejb-jar.xml and whatever EJBs are under it, but not the ejbModule folder). The folder is there and shows up just fine in the J2EE Development/J2EE Explorer & Navigator views.

The result is that when I try from the EJB Explorer to create a Virtual Interface or a Web Service using the wizard on an EJB, I can't because the wizards stop dead in their tracks with the error "Folder name is empty" (for example, TestWSEJB/ejbModule).

I uninstalled NWDS SP09 (from IDE70setup.exe), installed NWDS SP10, and started with a clean workspace by deleting the workspace, .dtc., and .dtr folders from my hard drive. Nevertheless, I am getting the same problem.

Has anyone had this problem or in any case have a clue as to what's going on?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rangy,

I catched the same problem, I solved it in this way:

- uninstalled NWDS

- deleted workspace and <u>.metadata folder</u>. Pay attention to save your workspace (without .metadata somewhere)

- install NWDS another time

The problem is in the .metadata folder..... be sure to delete it before install the NWDS. This reset all the environment. Be free to copy the project you saved in your workspace (no .metadata folder!!) in order to restore all the projects.

Hope this is the solution also in your case.

Bye,

Vito

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for your reply, Vito.

I have solved previous problems doing what you suggest, tried it with this problem, and tried it again just for good measure, after reading your note. Prior to re-installing NWDS, I deleted the workspace folder and everything under it, including the .metadata subfolder (having of course saved the workspace folder).

Unfortunately, for whatever bizarre reason, it's not fixing the problem.