cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Per Diem 75% of the first and last day

Former Member
0 Kudos

In travel management, for the first day & last day of the travel plan i.e on the day of travel, the traveler should only get Per Diem of 75% and the rest of the days he should get 100%. Can anyone help me out how to do this configuration?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I thought you have to use BAdI REDUCT_TRIP_AMOUNT - Method CHANGE_T706V_VALUES explicitely refers to the M&IE rules:

• "You can use this method for expense reports in U.S.-based settlement according to the
  • Meals and Incidental Expenses (M&IE)
  • method.
  • The system executes this method after it has calculated the reimbursement amounts for the expense report, for example, when saving or simulating the expense report. You can use this method to overwrite the per diem reimbursement amounts for meals calculated by the system."

So, maybe you have to add these constants and then read them in this BAdI to make it work?

Unless there's some special shipment as Lukas suggested, where SAP would probably provide an out of the box implementation for this BAdI method.

At first sight it doesn't look too difficult to implement, though.

hope this helps a wee bit

Sven

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh, nice one, Sven! I wasn't even aware this BAdI provides such a specially tailored method for this use case.

I found the Link Sally mentioned Meals & Incidental Expenses Method (M&IE) - Reisemanagement (FI-TV) - SAP Library. Indeed it says that the *KU*-Constants aren't processed in the standard, but the others should be... however the frame program apparently never polls these constants (I'm on EA_HR 607 level 13) as Sally stated. Wouldn't be the first time SAP forgot to handle its constants after providing them in the customizing table, though :-/. , what do you think about this?

Cheers, Lukas

0 Kudos

Will take a look at this Lukas between the EHP6/7 version  - I would have expected that the same parameters in V_T706_CONST would work though?

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't confirm whether they work or not, I can only confirm that there apparently is no handling of the constants in the frame program - can't try the configuration out myself since our entire system + FI-TV module is fixed on public sector germany

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same issue.  I want to pay the traveler at a rate of 75% of the meal per diem on the first and last day of the trip.  In Enhancement Pack 6.0, i found reference to the Check Travel Expense Constants, "Specific constants for U.S settlement with per diems according to M&IE".  There are several constants:

FD_FA, FD_FZ, LD_FA, and LD_FZ

I have created these constants and set them to use 75% of the per diem.  However, they are not being used in the program.  Am i missing other configuration that also needs to be made?

I would really appreciate any help that you can provide with this issue.

Sally Townsend

University of Tennessee

stownsend@tennessee.edu

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didn't even know these constants existed... they aren't in my 000-client, are they maybe from some pre-customer-release of a note? By the way, you should edit your post and delete your email, it's considered private information.