cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading data from Infocube to planning area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

While loading sales history data from Infocube to Planning area, the jobs ends in green in SM37 even though, the planning area is locked by the user.

In SM37, the program ends in green, but the logs shows "Selection accesses data that is currently locked; user XXXXXXX". The job/step in SM37 should show RED (as cancelled), isn't it ? Please help, how to rectify this.  Additional info: we are on SCM 5.0 & SP SAPKY50018.

Regards

Rahul Chitte

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I reproduced your scenario in our system. Please check the following screenshots for details. Probably, SAP needs to answer the question.

Since spool request is available, the log description is somewhat differ.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rico_frenzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

There has been a correction in the TSCUBE locking behaviour recently. "Formerly", TSCUBE didn't lock data at all, which lead to problems when the same data was locked interactively. To correct this, note 1385695 has been created in order to introduce the locking logic.
The note is part of SCM Support Pack 16 for SCM5.0 so it's included in your system now,

However, many customers needed the old behaviour (no lockings) back, so note 1484063 has been created to deactivate the locking logic again.

So to deactivate the locking logic you need to set the flag "Do not lock Selection" in the "Additional settings" in TSCUBE.

Best regards

Rico Frenzel

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rico,

We also faced the locking issue as I mentioned earlier, but I didn't mention about the note since this issue looks a bit different to me. 

Our very initial issue was same as above, jobs were successful even though it should fail (we were on lower package level).

After we implemented some notes (including 1385695), we started facing job failure issues when we were loading data from a cube to a planning area in parallel (with different selections), and hence we used this option of "do not lock selection" by implementing the note 1484063 so that we could load data from cube to planning area in parallel by splitting the selections.

So, BEFORE the implementation of the first set of notes, we were seeing issue exactly similar to the reported one (job is successful even though locks are there), but not AFTER the implementation of the notes. After implementation, we would see failures in case of real locks, but it allows data loads in parallel from cube to planning area (when selections are different).

May be I missed something here, let's wait for Rahul to report the results based on your recommendations.

Thanks - Pawan

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

This issue was there in lower package levels of SCM5.0 (we were also suffering due to it), but with SAPKY50018, it should not have been there.

I could not locate an OSS note for your package level. Better raise OSS message to SAP about it.

Thanks - Pawan