cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terms of payment in display mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

My superuser is going on changing the Terms of payment, so what I want is whenever one perticular sales area  or perticular customer comes up for creating the sales order, automatically, the Terms of payment should go into display mode.

Could any one suggest me what kind of development I need to go for ??

thanks,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You want to make Terms of Payment field Non-Modifiable in Sales Order.

There are two options for this:

1. Screen Variant (T-Code: SHD0) Create a Screen Variant, where you can make Terms of Payment as Display only & assigne the same to your Sales Document Type in VOV8. This will be applicable to all the Sales orders for a Sales Document Type & there is no option for particular Customer Code or Sales Area .

2. User Exit. If your requirement is for making Terms of Payment non-modifiable for particular Customer or Sales area then write a ABAP Code in User Exit USET_EXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION in Program MV45AFZZ.

The ABAP code would look something like this:

IF xvbak-vkorg = 'Sales Organization code' and
     xvbak-AUART = 'sales Document Code'.
    IF screen-name EQ 'VBKD-ZTERM'.
      screen-input = 0.
    ENDIF.
  ENDIF.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jignesh,

Could you pls explain me why the purpose of "Business Item" doesn't serve in this scenario as it helps to restrict the end user not to change the payment terms at the time of creating sales order right?? or Business item doesn't restrict the SUPER USER changing the payment terms (Is there any difference between user and super user?)

yours answers will help me clearing my doubts regarding this scenario.

regards

Krishna

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

The requirement here is to make Terms of Payment in Display mode (non-modifiable) mode only for Particular Sales Area or selected Customers .

That is why User Exit & ABAP coding is the only solution here. The Business Item setting is applicable for particular Document Type & all the Sales Orders created for that Document Type & for all the Customer codes in that Documents, which is not the requirement here.

Hope this clarifies,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jignesh,

thank you

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, venkat

if you want to change payment terms in sales order if it is display mode,

first go to corsponding item category and check the field BUSINESS ITEM check box

and save it. now create sales order and goto line item details and change as per your required

it will work if not let me know for furthor

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi venkat,

i hope when u r maintaining screen varient for particular sales doc , at that time if u checked business item in the item cat , it willnot accept to change mode,

check it

for particuar customer u dont want to change the terms of payment , go through the user exit , acc to

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

as per my experience if you check the business item in item category we can change the payment terms in item details. go to line item details -->billing document change as per required

it will allow

thanks

0 Kudos

Akshita..

As per my understanding:: if we check Business item in VOV7 It allows the business data at header level differs with item level business data.

Ex: We maintain payment terms in customer master.  When we raise the sales order for acustomer the payment terms are copied into the sales document header from customer master.  If we  do not maintain payment terms in the customer and we maintain payment terms in the sales document header manually then those payment terms applies whole item in the sales order.

So, if we have number of items in the sales order and if we want to change payment terms for particular line item, if business item field has been checked , system allows us to do so.  Otherwise system will not allow changing the payment terms at item level.

Advise if this is incorrect. I go with jignesh, in this case as said .., we need to go with Userexit Field_Modification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some one told me the approach of Z tables.. any idea or view on this..

Arif1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

say, we need to create a table in SAP database where we can store some information. so, when we create table in SAP database we have to start table name using Z or Y. Its means that that table is created by some SAP consultant. as it is customized table and starting with Z so, it called ztable.

ex : zinfo

Tcode : se11

from below link you will find step by step for creating ztable

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/ABAP/TableMaintenance/demo.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arif, Anjali, Akshita

I disagree with you..for the solution you are providing

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

I request one thing for you,Please check for that customer account group in centrally level in path ,there also Required ,suppress and options were present.that field is optional in centrall level also some times doing like that but check required in customer account group in central level.

Ex:Before i got this type error in Reconcillation Accuont,i saw for that customer account group but there is optional but that is still in display mode by this time i am going centrall level.

Thanks,

Naren K

Former Member
0 Kudos

in such case all the sales area will go greay.. my requirement is to just for selected sales area..

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

H Venu,

i have anxiety to see that screen shot please post it

Thanks,

Naren K

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Try with Enhancement because as per my knowledge it is not possible in standard SAP

Go to SE38    MV45AFZZ

User Exit :  FORM USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION 

Regards,

Prasanna

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi venkat ,

1.did you put terms of payment when creation of customer

2.whenever u put the terms of payment in creation of customer,that is automatically comes into sales document.

3.so ,i thought ,you did not put the terms of payment in customer creation

4.in /nxd02,the terms of payment is display mode that is supress mode in customer account group

5.please check the required .

hope this answer

Naren