cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

srm functional consultant roles in an implementation project

Former Member
0 Kudos

what exactly does  SRM functional consultant will do in an implementation project?to be specific what are the roles performed by him.the reason for asking this question is SRM implementation involves integration with other modules especially MM,PI and also includes more technical aspects.

regards,

kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

The role of SRM functional consultant at broad and high level are;

1. To map business processes in SAP SRM. As this is purchasing application tool, you should be strong in MM processes.
   a. Baisic customizing - you should know minimum basis concept to be able to work with Baisis team for RFC connection, Logical sys defination etc.
   b. Business process related customizing - to fit business processes like SSP, Sourcing, Contract management and so on.
   c. Customizing tasks in ERP system - MM settings, CRM table maintenance for Master data replication etc.

2. SRM MDM related customizing in SRM - If MDM catalog process in in scope of your project, you should perform these settings.

3. SRM functional consultant should be aware of SRM role concept - SAP roles and Portal roles.

4. SRM project specific tasks - based on the role, one should also prepare test cases for integration testing, user training documents, customizing documnets etc.

5. As SRM deals with many interfaces, functional consultant should be aware of them i.e. at least basics of SRM MDM, PI, NW Portal etc.

6. SRM functional consultants should be aware of most frequently used BADI's in SRM and MM.

As there is no straight answer for your question because the role varies from project to project.
How ever, above listed are desirable tasks or expected from a SRM function consultant.

Look for other answers from experts as well.

Thanks,
Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Hari,

i really thank you for the reply.i am new to SRM.your input is very helpful.

Regards,

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Kiran, wish you all the best.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Can you please tell me what are the roles of SAP SRM functional consultant.

Also please let me know what type of role is my profile called as, because the work I do is:

I create shopping carts for laptops/desktops in SRM ( my sap ( supplier relationship manageent)) site.

I do not do any technical work here.

Also please let me know do I need to add or learn anything  ( sap modules) to my profile for my career.

Please reply to my query ASAP.

Regards,

Sai

Answers (0)