cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter out individual field inside a tuple based on other field inside a tuple

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm on MDM 7.1 SP07. I'm using MDM WD Component framework item details screen to build the screens needed for the client.

My MDM repository structure is something is as follows:

where "Company Code Data" is a tuple. Under "Company Code Data" tuple, I have 'Company Code' and 'Payment Method' as fields inside a tuple.

Now, my requirement is as follows:

Please note that the I have dragged and dropped the Company code tuple onto SAP MDM WD Item details screen.

If we try to add/change any row inside a tuple, say if user enters company code as '1020' inside the tuple for 1st row. Now, when he tries to select 'Payment Method' field he should be filtered such a way he gets only '1020' company code related payment method values for that 1st row.

Similarly for 2nd row, if user enters '2050' as company code value, all the payment terms values should be filtered only for company code '2050'....and so on...

Please share your thoughts/code pieces/configurations needed to achieve this requirement.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

Your requirement is not possible with Tuple. Filtering cannot be achieved in Tuple as per your requirement, you can create validations so that the used does not enter incorrect values. One way to achieve your requirement is through Taxanomy.

Hope this helps

Rgds,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Thanks for the inputs on my query. Even I too thought the same...Is there any SAP note or any documentation of SAP which says that above requirement cannot be achieved ?

Can you please elaborate more on how that can be achieved thru Taxanomy ???

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

I dont think their is any document or SAP Note which says that the filtering is not possible, but if you look at the structure of the Tuple, you will understand that it is not possible to filter as per your requirement.

Taxanomy process is as below

1. Create Hierarchy of Company codes.

2. Create attributes.

3. Create text values

4. Link the Attributes to Nodes.

Example screen shot

5. Now when you select a Company code, you will see only the payment terms(Text values you created) related to that company code.

Example screen shot below:

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

Prasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasad, this helps...Your first screen shot screen is not clear. It would be great from your end, if you can post it with a clear screen shot.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Click on the first screen shot to see the Maximised picture.

Rgds,

Prasad

Answers (0)