cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference field in Inovice(VF01) SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

My client require an reference field for their convenient while creating invoice in VF01.

i have checked in invoice but i couldn't fin any field in the screen.

Kindly suggest me or how can I bring that field in SAP

Regards

Fazal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member657193
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check with your client as what information they want to capture in the referecne field.

May be there might be possibility that you can user the TEXT at header / item level to capture and print the same details.

Please check the criticality of the information the client want to capture and can be mapped throught TEXT.

Thanks

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear RB,

They want  a field where they enter invoice number for their reference like (with the date) ( this is how they are doing in their legacy system). Even i check text field  but they want to search based on this field.... can we assign external billing number .. is it possible ?

Regards

Fazal

former_member657193
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fazal

In invoice header level you have 2 fields

1. Assingment number

2. Reference Number

Values in both these fields is controlled through copy control VTFL -header level.

Please see if you want to capture this data automatically then , with the help of technical person ABAPer try to see the feasibility.

Hope fully these 2 fields you can use to capture the client requirement and then this can also be easily mapped in any of report for further requirements.

Thanks

RB

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello,

Go to T-Code: VTFL & Select your Invoice & Delivery Type.

At header level Copy Control there is a Box for Reference Field. The options available theres are:

A Purchase order number

B Sales order number

C Delivery number

D External delivery number

E Current billing document number

F External delivery no. if avaialable, otherwise delivery no.

You can Test & use either of the above setting.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta