cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Checking group not maintained error

0 Kudos

Dear All

I need your help with the following situation.

Rental contract needed to be created.

Instead of using Periodic billing, we decided to use Milestone billing as customer wanted to compare the revenue against costs.

Created a new Sales Document type. 

The item category type maintained as ZTAO with the billing plan settings (item level billing plan settings). 

The material i.e. Rent was created as a DIEN material with the Item category and Item category group as LEIS.

Also maintained the copy control in VTAF between the billing document and the sales document.

Still getting an error that the checking group is not maintained.

Do not have the availability check field visible in "Sales: Gen/Plant" view.  MRP maintained as No MRP in MRP 2 view.

Have tried all solutions available in the forum but none seem to work.

Please help.

Thanks and Regards

Shiv.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member223981
Active Contributor

Is there a particular reason that you do not have the availability check field visible in "Sales: Gen/Plant" view? Usually, if you did not want to use a checking group, you would maintain a checking group = KP. This checking group specifies that no availability check will be carried out (tx OVZ2) and would avoid the above error.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, since I have created the material with DIEN material type and the item category as LEIS - Service item w/o delivery, I feel the availability check field is not visible.

Message was edited by: Shivkumar Venkat Iyer

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shivkumar,

As I understand it is order related billing, therefore it should not be havving any deliverable material. there fore the scheduling is also not required in that case. so if possible try with

1. img-s&d-basic functiions-delivery scheduling and transportation scheduling-define scheduling by sales document type.

here make blank in all fields - dont keep any tick mark for your sales document type as it is order related billing type.

2. In your item category ZTAO make the billing relavence as B as it is order related billing.

Regards,

Sridhar

0 Kudos

Hello Sridhar

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

I have solved the problem.  I have mentioned the steps below so that it is useful to everyone:

1. Firstly we need to go to OVZ2 and confirm if the checking group we want to use is defined. For "No Check" it is KP.

2.  This checking group is assigned to the Material Master in the Sales : General / Plant view.  Here it is maintained manually.  In my instance , the field "Availability Check" was missing and I couldn't maintain the checking group in the Sales: General / Plant view.  So manual maintenance was out of question.

3.  Next step was to check if we can maintain a default checking group for the Material type : DIEN which is service material.

This can be done through customizing in SPRO or using the T-Code OVZ3.

The path in SPRO is  IMG ➢ Sales And Distribution ➢ Basic Functions ➢ Availability Check And TransferOf Requirements ➢ Availability Check ➢ Availability Check With ATP Logic ➢

Define Checking Group Default Value.

I created a new entry and maintained the values for :  Material Type , Plant and Checking group in the Availability Check fields.

Saved the entry.

4. Recreated the material again in the Material Master so that the new settings could come into effect.  Voila! it is working.  I created a test order and am no longer getting the message number: VV083.

Thank you once again.

Regards

Shiv.

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shivkumar,

As you mentioned you are working with service material in such case in your new sales document type remove checking group from billing tab , tick mark, which would solve your problem I suppose

Regards,

Sridhar

0 Kudos

Hello Sridhar

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately it didn't work.

I have also checked all the availability check options in SPRO and tweaked around but the message keeps popping up.

Best Regards

Shiv

0 Kudos

Hello Sridhar

Just read this the checking group field in sales document type "Billing Tab" is applicable when the sales document is relevant for payment cards processing. It is related to the Payment Cards processing.

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear, you would run OPJK for your plant/order type and adjust the checking.

regards,

0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply.  I ran OPJK but it is for internal, production and service orders.  I searched the options for Sales Orders but couldn't find any details.  This transaction can be useful, though, for future needs.  Thanks again.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the error message number? If the error message number starts with Z, then it may be due to user exit.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Shiva

Thanks for the reply.

The message appears as an information message:

"Document / 000001 has no checking group (material master - plant data)"

The message number is VV083.

Message was edited by: Shivkumar Venkat Iyer