cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to capture fault message types and send email??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am sending a text file to SqlServer thro XI.i have to capture the mapping errors if any and email them using jms adapter.I am considering using fault message types.

How do i capture fault message types and send it as a email using XI??

Any Help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Aravind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arvind,

This is standard XI functionality.

All you need to do is configure Alerts on your XI box and thereafter any error that occurs will trigger an alert and a Email if needed.

Look into this blog by Michal for alerts,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aravind,

Go through this weblog for fault message types:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/02/fault-message-types--a-demo-part-1

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

Thanks for u'r reply.i have seen the blog u mentioned.My senario is a File to JDBC one,do i need to configure anything other than creating the fault message type and assigning it to the inbound interface. will it automatically pick up any mapping errors and send the email.?

Let me explain my scenario in detail...

i am sending a file to XI using file adapter and then my reciever is sqlserver using jdbc adapter.i am doing a insert or update operation on the database using a stored procedure .i have a mapping defined for source structure(file) and target structure(Stored procedure).The scanerio is working fine now.All i have to do is i have to capture any mapping errors and send a email..How can i proceed with this situation??Can i use fault message type??

Do i need to create any separate mappings??

Any help greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

If all you want to do is sent and email...then you can configur alerting and then define alert rule for your specific scenario..so that it sends out an email to the required addresss...

Now if you want to send something specifically using the JMS adapter...in that case...you can probably do something like this....

Have the alerting configured and make sure the the email that is sent by the alerting goes to an inbox that is polled by a sender mail adapter...

this would start a new process which gets the alerting email and you can route it to your JMS adapter..

These are food for your thoughts...check if something like this would be suitable

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aravind,

If you want to capture mapping or adapter errors you dont need to have a fault message for that. Just you can create alerts for them. It will automatically send a mail to all the users assigned.

Check this weblogs on how to creat them:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

---Satish

ranjit_deshmukh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

pls let me know ur criteria for the fault msg.

what u can do is use a control and throw an alert

these links will help u for info about alerts:

/people/ginger.gatling/blog/2005/12/02/innovative-ways-to-use-alerts

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

make sure that u add ur user in the alert receiver list.

Ranjit