cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIX 6.1. and Perl SAPNW::Rfc module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

I tried to set up the PERL sapnwrfc module on an AIX 6.1.0.0 machine using the instructions given in the article http://scn.sap.com/people/community.user/blog/2009/06/19/perl-and-sap-adventures-part-1. I installed the most recent SAP NW RFC SDK from the SAP Service Market Place. After that I downloaded the most recent SAPNW::Rfc module (Version 0.32) and tried to compile it using the following commands:

perl Makefile.PL --source /usr/sap/nwrfcsdk
make

The resulting error message is:

/usr/bin/cpp -c  -I/usr/sap/nwrfcsdk/include   -D_ALL_SOURCE -D_ANSI_C_SOURCE -D_POSIX_SOURCE -qmaxmem=-1 -qnoansialias -DUSE_NATIVE_DLOPEN -DNEED_PTHREAD_INIT -q32 -D_LARGE_FILES -qlonglong -O    -DVERSION=\"0.32\"  -DXS_VERSION=\"0.32\"  "-I/usr/opt/perl5/lib/5.8.8/aix-thread-multi/CORE"  -DSAPwithUNICODE  -DSAPonUNIX  -D__NO_MATH_INLINES -fPIC  -DSAPwithTHREADS   Connection.c > Connection.ii

1506-173 (W) Option c is not valid. Enter xlc for list of valid options.

1506-173 (W) Option fPIC is not valid. Enter xlc for list of valid options.

"/usr/opt/perl5/lib/5.8.8/aix-thread-multi/CORE/perl.h", line 3231.14: 1506-041 (E) The invocation of macro strchr contains fewer arguments than are required by the macro definition.

"/usr/opt/perl5/lib/5.8.8/aix-thread-multi/CORE/perl.h", line 3231.26: 1506-041 (E) The invocation of macro strrchr contains fewer arguments than are required by the macro definition.

"/usr/opt/perl5/lib/5.8.8/aix-thread-multi/CORE/perl.h", line 3232.14: 1506-041 (E) The invocation of macro strcpy contains fewer arguments than are required by the macro definition.

"/usr/opt/perl5/lib/5.8.8/aix-thread-multi/CORE/perl.h", line 3232.25: 1506-041 (E) The invocation of macro strcat contains fewer arguments than are required by the macro definition.

"/usr/sap/nwrfcsdk/include/sapucx.h", line 248.10: 1506-205 (S) #error "sapucx.h STANDALONE not yet implemented"

"/usr/sap/nwrfcsdk/include/sapuc.h", line 657.6: 1506-205 (S) #error "Please edit sapuc.h for this platform"

make: The error code from the last command is 1.

Stop.

make: The error code from the last command is 2.

Stop.

Did anybody of you manage it to successfully compile the module on an AIX server?

Thanks for your support,

Micha

ps: In order to keep the thread clean, I attached the complete compile steps in the attached text document.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Short update:

I installed the Perl Module YAML, which was missing according to the makefile output, but this did not fix the compilation issue.

Best regards,

Micha