cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment and Multilingual Attribute Values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have an Assignemnt expression which set attributes value of the selected category in a text field which is multilingual enabled.

Category field is also multilingual enabled.

Now problem is when  assignment is executed it copies the attribute value of current login language in all the languages of the text field globaly.

Let me give an example:

I have fields Description which is text

Category field which is lookup taxanomy.

Now I have a category Suppose Electric cable with attribute name( text ) in english and French as Short Name and Nom Court.

Attribute Value are :

Short Name-------------- Nom Court

Electric Cable -------------câble électrique

Now when I exceute assignment in Description field with login language french it will set câble électrique.And now when i login in english in description field i am getting câble électrique but i should get Electric Cable instead.Reverse is also same when i login in english and exceute assignment.

KIndly help as I want assignment should only copy only language specific attribute value.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

In the assignment expression , check the Function options , you can find the "Language" options ,

if you select that all the languages will be displayed in the expression automatically and will allow you to write the necessary logic for each language .

Please try this out .

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you selected the language option in the assignment editor.

For example:

IF Language is EN

then do this....

Else IF Language is FR

then do do this

Regards,
Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried this too but no help

It is a branch assignment so in the main assignemnt I get ony function Branch(Category).

and in the branche assignment i set attribute name .

I guess language functions helps if we need to apply static values or check some value based on language.

Do you have any other suggestion or workaround.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This may, a little over the top, try including the language function in the Main assignment, and see if gets called in the branch assignment.

Regards,
Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Multilingual in Attribute feature was missing in MDM. Updated in the latest MDM SP08 patch.

Thanks and Regards,

Neethu Joy