cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning area deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can we delete Planning area in Background??.We are unable to do in /n/sapapo/msdp_admin, due to lack of some internal memeory .so it is reprodcuing Sysetm error. is there any way ro deleet Planning area. please let me know.

\

Thanks & Regarsd,

Manasa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manasa,

You can use the report /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_DE_INITIALIZE and schedule it in the background.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

I went to transaction SE38 and enter /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_DE_INITIALIZE . It is asking  me Deinitialize Planning Area/ and Planning version. Can i execute it??

Regards,

Manasa

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manasa,

This program would deinitialize the version for the Planning Area. If there is only one version, the planning area would get deinitialized. I beleive this is what you wanted, isn't it?

If yes, execute the program and deinitialize the relevant version in the background.

If not, please explain what you were trying to achieve.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pawan,

My objective is to delete the Planning area permanently. So can i go ahead?.

Regards,

Manasa

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manasa,

What kind of planning area is it? DP or SNP?

In any case, run this program first, and when it finishes, go to MSDP_AMDIN and try the "delete" option for the planning area again from there.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

It is DP Planning area.

If we run the report, it will deinitialize teh planning area only. But actually i tried to delete the Plannign area in msdp_admin direclty. But it was not successful to to system error. So we contacted Basis. They clarified it is Memory issue.But they didn'yt succesful done. so basis asked us can you delete the Planning area in background?.

Thanks ,

Manasa.

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manasa,

For DP, you would be deleting the time series (version) using the above program, and further when you would choose the option of "delete", that should happen quite fast.

If system gives some memory kind of issue, then ask Basis team to increase the relevant Basis parameter temporarily.

If you face some other kind of issue during deletion of time series, then share the error, and we could guide you how to resolve the issue.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

When i executed the report, it is getting below messagein yellow. what can i do next?

Planning version 000 is not assigned to Planning area ZBBPA5.

Thanks,

Manasa

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manasa,

In MSDP_ADMIN tcode, right click on planning area and select the option "created time series".

Which all versions do you see there?

Whatever versions you see from the above path, you should give those versions in the deactivation program that I gave earlier. After this, you would see that the status of Planning Area would become red (deactive). Then you could delete the planning area easily.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

It is already in Deactivated Status only(showing in Red), but we are unable to delete the planning area.

Regards.

Manasa.

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manasa,

Please share the error message that you are getting when you are trying to delete the planning area.

Thanks - Pawan

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manasa,

If Planning Area is already in Deactivated Status only(showing in Red).

As Pawan has suggested, Goto MSDP_ADMIN->Select the Planning Area->Right Click->Select Delete. This should delete the planning area without any issues.

When you click on delete, it will give you msg as below.

"Dependent data, such as
planning data, planning books,
promotions, profiles, and jobs will be deleted as well

Delete planning area
and dependent data?"

Say "Yes" to above message.

I do not think there is any program/report available which can be run in bkgrd to delete the planning area.

Besides, if Basis doesn't know which parameter to adjust, inorder to resolve the Memory issue during deletion. And if you want to know whether there is any program or what is causing the memory issue, please ask ABAP'er start the debugging when you click on "Delete"  and analyse further.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

If Planning Area is already in Deactivated Status only(showing in Red).

HI Pawan,

I done up to below

MSDP_ADMIN->Select the Planning Area->Right Click->Select Delete. This should delete the planning area without any issues.

When you click on delete, it will give you msg as below.

"Dependent data, such as
planning data, planning books,
promotions, profiles, and jobs will be deleted as well

Delete planning area
and dependent data?"

Say "Yes" to above message.

After that onl;y i am unable to go further.

Thanks Pawan.It is purely basis issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Satish,

Thanks a Lot

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manasa,

Sorry, but you didn't share what error message you see when you selected yes to delete the dependent objects.

Only after having a look at the wordings of the error message, it would be possible to comment what kind of issue you have.

You would see the error message on the status bar. Double click on the status bar message, and the window that would open could show you some info on the error message. Pls share this info.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan/Satish,

I am getting error message.

"Work process restarted , session terminated"

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manasa,

If that was the error message then, the value of the parameter rdisp/wp_max_runtime in your system to be checked(if required increased(Temporarily)).To me it looke like while deleting the Planning Area, it was exceeding the runtime value specified in parameter rdisp/wp_max_runtime.

If the value is less you can change it dynamicaly using Tcode: RZ11 (Basis should have authorization to this) and try deleting the Planning Area. It should work.

Thanks

Satish

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manasa,

Can't comment on why this is happening. But yes, definitely Basis issue based on this information.

Basis would need to check what triggers this dump. They should be able to get more information from ST22 transaction.

If they need to increase some memory parameter (as your mentioned earlier, they linked this issue to memory), then ask them to increase the relevant Basis parameter temporarily, and you could delete the Planning Area then. They could revert back the relevant Basis parameter after your deletion. We also work in similar way when we face memory kind of issues on temporary basis.

Thanks - Pawan

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manasa,

You could ignore the report that I mentioned earlier, since your planning area is already inactive.

Further action lies on your Basis team, they need to investigate what should be corrected so that your work process is able to successfully complete.

If you check with your error message "work process restarted session terminated ", others also have posted similar questions, and issue seems to be linked to SAP Kernel in most of the cases. Ask your Basis team to look into these threads if they need some reference, and take appropriate action.

Kernel upgrade seems to be a solution in many of the cases. e.g. See the thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2017572

Thanks - Pawan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manasa, did you get solution to your issue? i am facing same issue and i just wanted to know what exact parameter need to be changed in basis so that i can can advise my basis guys and avoid internal memory low dump.