cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion Indicator cannot be unset" error message in PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

I have a PO in which I deleted a line item, which has been invoice verified, delivered, etc. Now when I choose to unblock/undelete the line item, it give me error message: "Deletion Indicator cannot be unset". Is this a major problem or can it be fixed. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Urgent! Thank you for your time!

Best Regards,

WC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Will,

I don't think it is possible to make changes to the doucments once you have already gone thr the cycle. What you need to do is reverse the entire process and then only system will allow you to remove the indicator.

Also I have a question: When this indictor has been put?

REWARD IF IT HELPS

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have already reversed the entire process back to the PO. After we reversed the entire process, we then set the deletion indicator. Now our problem is it will not let us "unset" it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Will,

Now to go ME22N, Change mode of PO and the select the line item and go to Undelete (In the Header Menu Below the header Items Displayed you have Line of ICONS). Select the line item and then select the Unlock Icon.

This should solve your problem.

REWARD IF IT HELPS

Regards

Srini

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Issue > In ME22N/ME32k when you want to undelete an item that has already been set as deleted. When you try to edit the item by selecting 'Reset Deletion Ind.', the error ME660' Deletion indicator cannot be reset' is raised.

Reason > The material valuation category was changed in the material master.

Resolution >This is standard system behavior, the item cannot be undeleted.

Please create a new item for your business requirement in the PO/contract.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will bypass the error message & you will be able to undelete the PO line item

Regards,

MANISH

<b>Don’t forget to give point if useful ans.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

After changing error catagory from E to W system will allow u to undelete.

Now again if you want you can delete.

Regards,

MANISH

<b>Don’t forget to give point if useful ans.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please take the message number from message & Chnage the error message catagory from E to W in SPRO.

It will work.

Regards,

MANISH

Don’t forget to give point if useful ans.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

In doing this, will this just bypass the error message?...Or will the line still be deleted? I need it to be undeleted/unblocked....will this do it? Thank you again!

WC