cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No reputation points in Events Space?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed that they are receiving no reputation points for activity in the Events space? In my case recently created a Blog post in Events but have not accrued any points (not even for the initial creation) for any of the ratings or likes...

Just wondering if this is by design or a bug? Has anyone else seen the same?

Thanks

Simon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181931
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

I think I already responded to you somewhere else, but I wanted to do the same here.

Points have been deactivated for the Events space and sub-spaces, this is by design. The decision was made because we don't think that event expertise can be defined by points in this area.

Regards,

Laure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laure,

Yes thank you for getting back to me. I actually responded to your comment in that other too... here is are my thoughts on that decision:

Hi Laure,

Thanks for taking the time to explain all this to me (and yes thanks to Leon for helping me too), I think I finally understand how it all works! The point you make in the last paragraph (about some spaces not having points enabled) was the last piece of the puzzle that filled the gap in my understanding (I thought something was broken) .

I have to say however that I disagree with this approach, particularly in the context of Events. I would argue that people can be experts in Events (organizers, presenters, attendees... just to name a few) and these people could choose (hopefully will choose) to share there expertise in this area. For example someone could blog about how to organise an event (like an Inside Track), presenters could blog about presentation technique and attendees could blog about how to get the most out of events (like TechEd etc...). I think these contributions to the community would be valuable and as such people should get recognition and be able to build reputation in this space.

Also events tend to cover multiple topics so a blog about such an event may not necessarily fit nicely into a single space but be more suited to being posted in the Events space.

Anyway that is just my two cents on this topic. I think this is a very interesting discussion.

Thanks,

Simon

Answers (0)