cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Consistency Check

0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

We are trying to run a “Model Consistency Check” in our system. However we are unable to properly understand the pre requisites to it like Work Profile, Work Area and Planning version.

I have created a simulated Planning Version but am not sure of the work area or work profile created. The work area seems to contain lot of data input to be given by the user.

Should I be creating new work areas for location, location product, resources and production respectively or should I define everything in one work area itself.

P.S.:  When we first ran the Model Consistency Check it ran for 6 hrs. We did not include the planning book and when included the time reduced to less than 5 min. In both cases the job failed with error while retrieving data from the database. Screen shot for the same has been included along with this query.

Please advice on how to easily configure and test the Model Consistency Check.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harshvardhan,

Let me first describe the key terms in brief before discussing the profile maintenance and consistency check.

Supply Chain Cockpit (/SAPAPO/SCC02) is of prime importance to people at all levels in Supply Chain Planning. It presents a kind of dashboard with valuable information on KPI and facilitates their tactical and operational decision making. Alerts on selected object types help them to manage situation by exception.

The Supply Chain Model is the basis for planning in SAP SCM. The system takes only master data that is assigned to a model into account in the planning. As you aware, the master data coming from ECC to APO is automatically assigned to active model 000. It represents a superset of business objects. However, for your analysis, you might be interested in a selective set of business objects, so you will use Supply Chain Engineer (/SAPAPO/SCC07) (or Model version management (/SAPAPO/MVM)) to create another model.

You can assign one or more planning versions to a model. By creating different planning versions with different planning datasets, you can investigate all the aspects and options of a given supply chain situation and simulate the effects of different parameters. The model contains only master data, whereas the planning version contains master data and transaction data.

As the model grows bigger, it would become difficult to see or analyze all the data at once. By creating Work Area, you can analyze and focus on a part of your model. For example, logistics execution part of your supply network. It can be used as a query object pool. Depending on your requirement, you can add Locations, Products, Resources, PPMs, and T.lanes to the work area.

SAP provides 2 different views to represent your work area - Graphical and Logical views. As the name suggests, graphical view allows you to locate the plants on a map and allows you to visualize the supply network (similar to a string model in SCOR model parlance). Logical view is almost same as graphical view but without a map.

Model consistency check (/SAPAPO/CONSCHK)

It checks the master data assigned to a model or      work area to make sure it is complete and does not contain inconsistencies such as

• Error
  • Wrongly maintained
  • Not needed for the APO scheduling functions.

Please note it only includes checks from a business view, not technical (for example liveCache related checks).

Profile Maintenance (/SAPAPO/CONSPRF)

You can maintain a profile to define the scope of consistence checks. The consistency checks are categorized into the following groups:

• Master Data checks  - Specific and Generic
    • Specific, for instance location based checks (e.g. Is deletion flag set for a location?)
    • Generic or cross-master data checks, for instance a valid PPM available for all location products that are to be produced in-house.
    • User specific - All checks that are implemented in the function modules of the /SAPAPO/V_USRCHK view are considered.
  • Application specific - Here you can check that master data objects are used consistently in the applications such as SNP or CTM.

Use this check depending on your business process.

Your queries:

Should I be creating new work areas for location, location product, resources and production respectively or should I define everything in one work area itself.

It depends on your requirement. For example, it is required to analyze the supply chain performance of a product. The model consists of the single product, different locations involved, resources, t.lanes, ppms, etc., However, it makes sense to have multiple work areas to analyze the supply network, production network, and order fulfillment network.

P.S.:  When we first ran the Model Consistency Check it ran for 6 hrs. We did not include the planning book and when included the time reduced to less than 5 min.

To improve performance, please use the following tips.

• Have multiple profiles for a given work area i.e. one profile exclusively checks the master data and the other concerned application for instance SNP.
  • Select only required criteria. For example, you are interested only in SNP and usage is limited to detailed level planning using heuristics. Then, select those options only.
  • Try to provide all the details even if it is optional. Otherwise, the scope for check would be wide open. That's the reason your first check without any restriction ran for 6 hr. When you provide the restrictions, the scope would be reduced and performance would be better.

I hope this information is useful to you.

Thanks,
Rajesh

0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

Thanks a lot for the explanation! It has certainly increased my awareness regarding the Model Consistency Check.

We have now created new profiles to distinguish between the master data checks and application specific checks (SNP Optimization).

We saw that creating new work areas was a cumbersome task and hence decided to stick with the current one only.

What I want to know is that should a work area have all details pertaining to location, location product, resources and production respectively or should I define one work area exclusively for each object?

With Regards,

Harshvardhan

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harshvardhan,

Good to know that my post was useful to you.

With respect to your query, there is no technical limitation to define a work area for each business object. However, from functional point of view, I would suggest to define one work area with required multiple business objects so that I can run my queries based on the objects contained by the work area.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Answers (0)