cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot able to Open the Detailed screen of PPM Objects

0 Kudos

Hello,

We are implementing SAP PPM and having the server details as SAP NW 7.02 SP08 with SAP ECC - EHP 5.where PPM component is installed on the same server.

I have installed NWBC 3.5 on my laptop and then try to access the SAP PPM URL through the role SAP_BPR_PPM. I can successfully open the SAP PPM User Interface screen with initial tabs as Portfolio Management, My Portfolio Objects, Project Management, Resource Management, Portfolio and Project Administration.

But when I click to any of the PPM Objects like portfolio, items, etc for detailed screen, its shows the page cannot be displayed. I tried with direct PPM URL through browser IE, Mozilla, crome but the same issue.

But when I try to access through SAP ECC - PPM Link I can open the detailed screen and work fine as usual.

I dont understand why this is happening, even after having the IP maintained in host files and also my user ID carries SAP All Authorization.

Have anybody faced the same issue, may be it must be some small missout.

Awaiting for your expert reply.

Regards,

Yats

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yateen Ghag,

Hope you have resolved the issue you have reported in Oct 2014.

I am facing same error in our PPM system and request you to share the resolution process followed by you..

Thank You in advance

SrEeNi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yats,

Have you checked if all post installation steps have been done? I've had similar issues when everything has not correctly been copied from client 000.

By the way, what do you mean by "SAP ECC - PPM Link"? If you are not using the Portal, the way you access is PPM is using NWBC desktop client or NWBC for HTML, either way the URL you use would be the same.

Regards,

Lashan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lashan,

what do you mean by saying copy everyting to client 000

how is that be done?

thanks

William

dpitp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi William,

it is not copying to client 000, but from client 000.

There is SAP note 1406591 which explains some manual steps in the context of an upgrade from 4.5 to 5.0.

However, the same procedure seems to be necessary in case of a fresh installed PPM 5.0 Add-on.

In my case it enabled necessary functions for different areas of PPM.

So, meaning "I've had similar issues when everything has not correctly been copied from client 000." most probably refers to this circumstance and this SAP note.

How it is done is also explained in the SAP note (TX SCU0 or /n/RPM/CUST_COPY).

hope it helped - if so reward

regards

Darijo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think he is referring to User Menu in ECC...

msd
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Yateen

Were you able to resolve this issue. We have just installed the PPM 5.0 addon in an ECC6 system, and are experiencing the same issue with NWBC 3.5.

Please advise.

Thanks

Mario