cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM - Optional Multiple Send steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a situation where I'm doing Message Splits in BPM and subsequently Send steps. Due to MessageSplit I may or may not produce Target messages. But Send Steps following the transformation are errored out saying no Instance found ( No message found ).

Transformation step may or may not produce all target messages. How to avoid BPM to fall into error in this situation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ranjit_deshmukh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

can u tel me on what basis u are splitting this mgs?

and i would suggest the use of block

for easy handling of the splitted msg.

and use a switch not a fork for send steps.

then u wont find this error.

Ranjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

After forking check for message ,if messgae found it will go to transformation step else end it in a deadline branch put the whole process in a block

Regards

Kavitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

If u r doin 1:N message split, then no need to use BPM in this case

Check the following link

<a href="/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible:///people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Akshay,

I'm doing more than I just said and I have to use BPM since the response from each of these Sync SEND steps will be captured and forwarded to another system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

You have to do a switch step and check whether the message exists or not....if it exists then only the send step need to be executed...

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Ok do one thing create a container variable. Dont use this container variable in any steps. now pt a condition at the point whr u want to check whehter the container variable in which u r receiveing the msg is not equal to this newly created container variable. If the condition is satisfed, u hv receive the msg i.e. ur container variable is not empty.

Regards,

Akshay

Message was edited by:

Akshay Salunke