cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stock of 2nd GR of a batch gets posted to unrestricted use instead of quality inspection stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

When the first GR for a batch is done , inspections lot is created and the stock is posted to unrestited use. When we do the second GR on the same batch , the stock is posted to unrestricted use by the system (which is supposed to be posted in the quality inspection) with out a usage decision from the user. All GRs after the first GR of a Batch is posted to unresticted use only. But these stocks are required to be posted to "Quality inspection". This my issue.

Inspection setup settings are attached.

Looking for your valuable reply.

Tnanks and Regards,

Vigneshwaran K,

Sesa Goa Limited, Goa, India.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

This is influenced by ""Control Inslot" in QM view inspection type : 

'1' An inspection lot for each material document and material

f you set this indicator, the system creates only one inspection lot for a material document (in a goods receipt transaction) for each material. This setting is useful, if several purchase orders or partial deliveries are processed for the same material in a goods receipt transaction.

If you select following option :
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit and Manish,

Thanks for your valuable inputs. Inspection settings are changed as recommended. But still the same issue exists.

A customized BAPI posts these documents through MIGO. when I anaysed and compared the 1st and second document in MIGO , I found that the BAPI selects "Quality inspection" for the first document and " unrestricted use" for the 2nd document in stock type of "where" tab.

Documents are attached for your reference. Kindly advise how the settings can be made so that the BAPI always selects, "quality inspection" while posting the document in MIGO.

Thanks and Regards,

Vigneshwaran K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Are you checking the existing docuemnts or after change you have created new material document (Migo) and still it is giving the same error. Once you change it ll be valid for the next material documents. Can you please attach the screenshot for 01 inspection set up.

Regards,

Smruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

New Master data will be applicable to New Purchase orders & not new Gr's of old PO's.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Because you use a customized BAPI you are deactivating the normal QM functionality.

Since you are using QM, let QM do what it is supposed to do.  I don't know what else you have the BAPI for, but you shouldn't use it to control QM lots unless you have a particular need. Since you want these in QI stock, it appears your BAPI should not be written to control QM.  Deactivate that logic of the BAPI, make the QM settings for control inspection lot as suggested above and try again.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smruti.

The screen shot for 01 inspection setup is attached. I have checked with a new material document with a New PO. still I am getting the sane error. I think that the problem is with the logic of the BAPI that is being used as Mr. Fire fighter has explained below.

Regards,

Vigneshwaran K

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First thing is that  the detailed view u have attached is belongs to inspection type 08. Am i right.??

I think you do GR with inspeciton type 01. Please do  two things in detiled view of inspeciton type 01

1)Post to insepction stock  must be ticked.

2)Control Inslot- Mention for each mateial document against it

i hope it will solve your problem.

Manish

I