Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to launch ESB or ID

former_member214137
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hoping someone might be able to help me out with a PI java issue I am having.

I installed netweaver developer studio and accidently accepted to install java 1.7.

Now I am unable to lauch either enterprise service builder or integration directory.

Now with java 1.7 installed I get a "java 7" splash screen, pop up to run or save jnlp file and then an application error message "invlaid arguments supplied".

With java 1.7 uninstalled I get a "java 7" splash screen and then an application error message "invalid arguments supplied".

content of error message:

InvalidArgumentException[ Invalid arguments supplied: { }]

at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I have tried unistalling java 1.7, deleteing temp internet files from via java control panel, deleteing temp files from IE8 and in PI adminstation I have re-initialisted "Restore archives and generate new signatures".

I have reinstalled java 1.6 and 1.5.

I have enabled show java console, but it does not launch.

Nothing has worked.

Java Cache Viewer only has one entry "javafx-cach.jnlp'

Has anyone come across this issue before and how were you able to resolve it?

regards

Julian

PS. I couldn't resolve the issue and due to time pressures I had my laptop re-imaged before the last few untried suggestions came through.

Guess what. Re-imaging my laptop worked 🙂 Thanks for all the replies.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For some organisations using Java 1.6 is not an option in a few months as official support will stop.

There is a problem specific to IE9 running the jnlp launcher files and I can reproduce the original problem. The launch works fine in Firefox 10 and also works if jnlp file is launched outside of IE (that is download JNLP and launch via explorer if associated with java WS)

Historically a number of bugs have existed concerning the jre plugins way of passing parameters to javaws and I suspect this is in the same category. Unfortunately there is currently no fix for it - only workarounds.

The real fix would be SAP making their launch commandline more compatible with the latest jre's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keld,

completely agree with you.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If above solutions does not work,

try this also, go to Exchange Profile (dir --> Administration)

or http://<hostname>:port/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/com.sap.xi.adminweb/AdminApp

Under Java Web Starter --> Java Web Start Admin --> Re-initialization -> Restore Default and Generate new signature and remove lock

Also do Java VM Cache refresh for Workspaces

See if this works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

Please  go to the \program files\java\bin directory and run the javacpl.exe file and click on settings in the screen and click on delete files. The problem will be resolved.

Regards

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

Under the Java control panel Java tab, there are preferences for Java runtime environment to be used. Can you confirm it does not have an entry for 1.7. Also uncheck the entry if one is available. Also can you please check you environment variable class  path and remove any references for Java 1.7.

Thanks
Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Forgot to add, please note that it is best to use java 1.4.2 with PI

Thanks,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This occurs because of the Java version of the client, not the web
browser. The exception is being thrown by the Java web Start when
calling method "continueInSecureThread", which probably has different
method signature on JRE7 than it had on previous versions.

Also, please notice that both IE9 and JRE7 are not officially supported
by SAP on XI7.0, according to the Product Availability Matrix. Please
refer to "https://service.sap.com/pam" for more information.

In case the above information does not help I request you to kindly maintain a consistent hostname i.e. Fully Qualified Host Name()FQHN) at all the places, save the changes,

restart the whole server and please check if that helps.

Also,

1052984 - Process Integration 7.1 - High Availability

1093249 - Reducing SLD communication in XI/PI High Availability Setup

1278563 - Specification of message server host in Exchange Profile

please check if all the parameters are set as per the above notes and

please get back with the result.

Thanks,

Atul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

just have java 1.6 in your system and remove other versions of java. then restart your system. then from java console, remove temporary files. then open IB homepage. then  do a force-signing and reinitialization from PI administration. then try to open ESB or ID. if it does not open, then what is the exact error msg, please let us know.