cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA is loading only 1000 records into my attribute table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I uploaded about 10million records (NASDAQ transactions).

Then created a table to load the attribute data such as stock name, description, sector, industry etc. In my CSV there are over 2300 records, but it only loads 1000 record to HANA table. Can you help?

Select count from this table shows 1000 records, so it's nothing to do with preview/display.

Thanks

Tansu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tansu

In HANA Studio go to

Windows>Preferences>Administration Console>Result

and Change the value of your choice under

Max displayed rows in result:

Regards

Anees

Former Member
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Thank you Anees.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure your txt file doesn't have some garbage/control line exactly after 1000 records.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How did you load the data into the table?

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tansu:

Generate an error file for the load and see whether you get any info on the data load.

Please delete existing table before load if not, your primary key in the table that you are loading will stop you from making progress.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you tried Select count(*) from <Table Name>. Here tables name is your attribute table name.

check how many records you have in attribute tables.

Regards,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes of course I did the select count, both count and "RunTime Information" tab from the table show 1000 records

former_member182277
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tansu,

By default, while previewing data only 1000 records will visible to us.

you can change the value in max rows upto 5000 and refresh the same. Now records will visible to you. 5000 is the recommend limit you can change it also in the Preferences.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards,Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello tansu,

I guess it is because some error may have crept after your 1000 records. As we are not doing any error management using ".ctl" files. If it encounters any error it may stop loading after that. Just try to load only last 1000 records of your excel file by saving it as a new file and also using a new ".ctl" file. I hope this time you will get some more records into your table.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tansu

While you are loading data through FTP client in the same folder where you placed the .ctl file and .csv file there you can place .err file and put the respective code in .ctl file about .err file, if any error occurs , it would write to the .err file, this is one way you can find the errors in your data .May be finding the error would help you to resolve the problem.

Thanks

Santosh

neelesh_jain3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you seeing 1000 records when you preview the data?

If so by default the select statement is coded to retive only 1000 records, you can see the SQL statement at the top of the output display.
Change the statement to select * from.

-Neelesh