cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have Several Profitability Segments?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to know  if you have worked with settlement of projects in profitability segments (CO-PA) to have your recommendations in the following scenario:

The fact is that the customer wishes to make profitability analysis by line of business (represented as WBS elements) and by material group as well (for all the items I have associated in the network activities). We realized that if I have a WBS element and this object is assigned to a network with several activities and components, the settlement rule of the WBS element displays the characteristics in ONE profitability segment: Company code, the Plant, Profit Center, WBS element, sales organization and distribution channel; but the product, material group, Product Hierarchy Levels are not displayed.

In a new test we created the project with as many WBS elements as products we included in the sales order; and in this case, the system displays all of the characteristics we need to run profitability report.

This "solution" would result in a project with a large number of WBS elements (estimated at around 100 per project).

Is there any way to get in the same settlement rule several profitability segments? That is, one PSG per each material in the operation of that WBS element.

We are maintaining the characteristics manually. I want to know if it is possible do that automatically.

If I execute transaction CJB2 the system generates the settlement rule for the WBS element with only ONE profitability segment, but the characteristics are not complete because the product, material group, Product Hierarchy Levels are missed.

Can I have severals settlement rule for the WBS element with one profitability segment per material I have in the network activity?

I will appreciate your help !    

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you succeed in creating several PSG settlement receivers on a single WBS, what logic determines how much to settle to each PSG?

The standard options are a % split or a set value.  Both of which seem arbitrary.  There are other ways to split but are more complicated.

miya_wang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please also take a look at note 689359 to see if it helps.

Best regards,
Miya

miya_wang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If a settlement rule for a WBS element is created with transaction CJB2, the profitability segment number of this settlement rule only contains the COMMON data of All products belonging to the WBS element.
So the product for example will not be filled in the profitability segment number of the settlement rule if there is no product assigned or if there are several.
In this case, there are seversal so product is empty.

But manual created settlement rule will work in this case.

Best regards,
Miya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you ever find a solution for this (other than using the existing user exits to create additional line items)?