cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check during 'create Material Reservation'- MB21

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello People,

I am facing a problem in Availability check during 'create Material Reservation'- MB21, in R/3. I am using a 311 movement type with availability check. The problem is, as soon as I CIF material (and its stock, reciepts etc) in APO the system starts giving hard error (as configured 'B' in dynamic availability check for movement type) even if there is NO shortage in supplying storage location. The availability check is showing APO ATP screen and stock in sub-locations correctly.

The problem only is not seen when material is moved out of active CIF model.

I have put the check control in APO for business event 03.

Is there any settings which I am missing.  Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ankit,

The Business event you will use in APO will be the same as the Checking Rule you have established for this transaction ERP.  OMB1 > Transaction code in ERP.

I will assume that you are only using a product check in APO.  You can verify this by reviewing check instructions in APO configuration (SCM IMG > APO > GATP > General Settings > Maintain Check instructions). Usually (but not always), for a dynamic availability check during reservation creation you will be using product check first, and nothing else.  No RBA, No Production, no MATP.

You can review the results of the APO GATP product check in CO09 in ERP.  Enter the checking rule you have established for your dynamic availability check.  Here, you can see exactly what is being considered, and why the system is not confirming your reservation.

Best Regards,

DB49.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, thats what I am not sure of. I checked the results in CO09 and that shows the expected results.

But there is something which blocks the availability check 'only when we go for material reservation'. Sales order, PO, PP etc availability checks run quiet well. I will have to revert after consulting the SD team for any enhancements in the system done previously.

I appreciate your help, thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ankit,

I guess you missed the point I was trying to convey.

SD checks, PO checks, PP checks, and Dynamic Availability checks can be (and usually are) configured differently.  If you are getting satisfactory results in SD, PO, PP, then review the configuration of the Dynamic Availability check, to see how it differs from the others. 

Did you review the check instructions, as I suggested?  What did you find?

You also say that CO09 shows the 'expected results'.  What does that mean?  Can you post a screen shot of your CO09?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DB,

I got the answer to my question. I switched off 'RBA- start immediately' and 'preselection active' in check instruction and then could actually do ATP check in Material reservation. But now the problem is that I want to use same set of check instructions for Sales order (and that should have RBA active). And the problem starts because in ECC side, MB21 is assigned a checking rule 'A'. So they both (Sales order and Material reservation) come as business event A in APO. Is there a way to make material reservation availability check work, even after having 'preselection active' ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DB,

I got the answer to my question. I switched off 'RBA- start immediately' and 'preselection active' in check instruction and then could actually do ATP check in Material reservation. But now the problem is that I want to use same set of check instructions for Sales order (and that should have RBA active). And the problem starts because in ECC side, MB21 is assigned a checking rule 'A'. So they both (Sales order and Material reservation) come as business event A in APO. Is there a way to make material reservation availability check work, even after having 'preselection active' ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DB,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ankit,

Right up front, let me say that I have never even attempted to perform an RBA against a reservation, so I have little experience to rely upon in this matter.  I seriously doubt that a logical and effective RBA could be created that would make sense for both reservations and also for Sales Orders.  Surely most of the RBA field catalog items are not even available during ATP check for a reservation, and one wonders where the 'Business Transaction' required for RBA would come from.

Looking at this from a less technical aspect, it is uncommon for a business to use the same ATP checking rule for reservations as one would use for Sales documents. 'As delivered' ERP defaults the checking rule for MB21 (configuration in ERP > OMB1) to be '03' (although any checking rule can be used).  Someone in your organization has changed this checking rule to 'A' in your ERP system, for some unknown reason. 

I don't know the business requirements that caused your ERP MM people to set the reservation checking rule to 'A' in ERP.  I recommend that this setting should be reviewed, to ensure that it actually meets your business requirements, and to consider changing it to a rule (such as 03) that does in fact meet these requirements.  In most companies, these 'Reservation ATP' business requirements only need a standard ATP check in ERP, and a standard product check in APO.  APO advanced methods are usually not required, nor desirable.

If you decide to use 03 in ERP, then you will also have to check to ensure that this checking rule (Business Event) is properly configured in APO, and that you have created check instructions for this BE.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, couldn't agree more.. so parallely we have been working on MB21 settings revision too. your argument just makes the case stronger. Thanks.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope images makes sence when you click them to enlarge.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ankit

If you have the ATP check integration model activated for the material plant, all ATP checks happen in APO. So you need to setup Check Instructions for the combination of Check Mode and Business Event. You can CIF over ATP customizing from ECC to APO to get check modes, business events, check instructions and check control settings from ECC to APO.

Note that except for SD orders for which requirement class is determined from ECC and used as the check mode, in all other cases, the check mode is picked from APO product master. So this field should not be blank in your case.

What is the error you are getting ?

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ankit,
What do you mean 'hard error"?  Exactly what is the error message?

Or, are you saying you are just not getting a confirmation during your ATP (which is not an error)?

Best regards,

DB49