cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empties Management or Returnable Packaging should be used for beverages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My Client's requirement is, they sale 20lt water jar to customer. after using water customer returns empty jar to the business. In case of shortage of empty Jar which is returned back from customer, business will issue debit note to customer. For that business wants inventory posting to Jar A/C also because customer giving amount against shortage of Jar.

Can you kindly suggest, to map this process should I use Returnable Packaging or Empties Management functionality. I have already activated Empties Management functionality. Secondly, if I use Empties Management, Im confused regarding item category Group and item categories for BOM. Can you please help me with your valuable feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Check the below SCN Links

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2137184

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2140811

Regards,

Prasanna

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your inputs. Issue is solved. I have configured Empties Management to map this scenario. I hv created sales BOM with main material 20ltr Jar (Materail type finished goods, item cat grp ERLA) and Empty material Jar (mat type Empties, item cat grp LEER). also maintain item category of empties management YWF1,YWE1 and YWE2.

In sales order maintained price for main item, also for empty material (Ex 100+10=110) which is invoiced to customer. Empty material's price(Rs 10) is refundable when customer return back empty jar to business. then Credit memo will be issued to customer.

in PGI stock will be reduced for both item, but for PGR only empty item quantity will be reversed back to empty stock.

Thanks,

Neel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think much simple way of doing it is like having 2 material codes - 1 for jar and other for contents.

create a BOM and sale the combo of JAR + contents. so in case of shortage, the actual amount for jars can also be found.

Also for returns, the simple sales return cycle can help in regaining the inventory for Jars.