cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization for WBS Account Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Team,

Is it possible to restrict the users to view/ choose only some project (WBS) when we create sale order (WBS account assignment in transaction VA01). If possible pl guide.

Reg/ Tony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Are you talking about linking billing WBS element to your sales order?

Elaborate more, your requirement is not clear.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Requirement is that some WBS (Billing WBS when creating sale order, Acct assigned WBS when creating Service order or service entry sheet) should be visible only to selected people.

Only the person authorized should be able to create service order, service entry sheet, saleorder etc

Reg/ Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why dont you set up authorizations for the transaction codes used to create Sales Order, Service Order etc? This would be easier as compared to setting up authorizations for viewing the WBS elements that are going to be account assigned to these orders.

Else you can also think of setting up User Status that forbids account assignment and authorize only the required people to set the relevant status that allows account assignment.

Think about it. I guess you are complicating a fairly easy requirement.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tony Jacob wrote:

Requirement is that some WBS (Billing WBS when creating sale order, Acct assigned WBS when creating Service order or service entry sheet) should be visible only to selected people.

Only the person authorized should be able to create service order, service entry sheet, saleorder etc

Reg/ Tony

Hi Tony,

This should be possible. You need to design your roles & authorizations as per your requirement. Based on your requirement, you can control,  who can create the service order, service entry sheet or sales order. You need to discuss with your security/ basis consultant & identify the authorization objects. And design the user roles and assign them to the users. I hope this helpful to you.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gokul/ Amaresh,

It is easy for us if the user group can be devided based on who do what. The problem here is, for example, the same group of people will be working on transactions like VA01 or ME21N; but in this user group we need to allow certain people only to work on Project A (say create service order for Project A) and certain other people to allow similar actions in Project B.

I have created a role with only authorization to work on ME21N& ML81N, I could easily create a service order for any project and also the service entry sheet; Also I have activated ACL and set No authorization for one user and tested with above profile, same result.

It look like we can't control whether who all can access which projects when they perform transactions like VA01, ME21N, ML81N etc.

Reg/ Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my current project there was a similar requirement and we achieved this by creating a Z table where you maintain the authorizations based on Plant and SAP User id of the person. For.E.g Lets assume i have 2 users ABC and DEF and i have 2 projects 123 and 456. Now i want that user ABC should not be able to access the project 456 while the user DEF should be able to access this project. I maintain the combination of plant, user id and project id and thus authorize who can access which project. We also have the option of providing authorizations to all the projects in a specific plant.

You can also try something like this. I would not be able to give you the complete details as to how we did this. However, remember that doing this will only restrict access to these projects but not the transactions VA01 etc.

I still feel that using User Status would be a good option to achieve this as it is easy to control the authorizations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Restricting access to project is acheived using ACL, the bigger problem is to set some users to create service order against Project A same time restrict others.

User status also control the transaction based on status not for combination of users and project.