SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Bill Release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a specific requirement for creating a manual bill using custom report.I have used FM "ISU_S_MANUBILL_CREATE" in the report.Also as per the requirement after creation of the manual bill , it has to be released using transaction EA17 and then invoiced.

But it is not behaving as such and if I am invoicing the manual bill without releasing it , then also invoice doc is getting created.I have kept "ERCH-MANUBILLREL" field as blank.

Please advice how to restrict the invoicing of manual bill when it hasn't been released.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have checked my query with SAP. SAP has answered that the issue is there and and suggested me to use enhancement is one of the subroutine inside FM "ISU_S_MANUBILL_CREATE" .

If we are not using the enhancement  , then even if we do not set ERCH-MANBILLREL(field if set suggesting bill doc has been released for invoicing) in our custom code  , manual bill is going to get invoiced .

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

I am not good enough to comment in regards to the custom development you are working on.

But to block the invoicing you can do it via transaction FKLOCK2.

In this transaction you can set the Invoicing lock for one or multilpe BPs, Contract Accounts or contracts.

In this transaction; In the tab "Locks to be set", you can select the validity date of the lock, Lock category as may be "Utility contract" in your case, then Lock process as " Invoicing" and lock reason has multiple options like in your case " Manual Processing", or whichever is available in your system.

Check it, may be it will help you out  as a workaround, by the time you finish your custom developement.

Regards

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Are you creating invoice for your manual bill in custom code. If yes, I would suggest you to check how you are choosing your invoicing units. Mean, in standard process of invoicing, when a manual bill is lock(not released) it will not create entry in temporary table of invoice )EITR). which derive during invoice creation which are the document to pick for invoice. I guess, you are skippin this part, thats why even though your maual bill is not released, yor custom code is creating invoice.

You can test it, by using only maual doc using your custom code and try invoicing using standard t-code.

Hope this help.

Thanks,

Sanjoy

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjoy ,

My report is not creating the invoice , it is just creating the manual bill.After creating the bill , I checked EITR table and manual bill doc in getting populated there even though it is not released and that is the main problem.

I checked inside FM"ISU_S_MANUBILL_CREATE" there it creates entry in EITR , then it check for a field ERCH-NINVOICE if this field is not initial ,if it is not initial , then it deletes the entry from EITR .

The problem with this is that it deletes the entry from EITR but it doesn't re populates the entry in EITR when the manual bill doc is getting released.

So , please suggest how to cater the issue??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have checked my query with SAP. SAP has answered that the issue is there and and suggested me to use enhancement is one of the subroutine inside FM "ISU_S_MANUBILL_CREATE" .

If we are not using the enhancement  , then even if we do not set ERCH-MANBILLREL(field if set suggesting bill doc has been released for invoicing) in our custom code  , manual bill is going to get invoiced .