cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request w/o InfoPackage (APO Request)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am getting lot of requests getting loaded into one of the APO BW cube with the above description  in the DTP/Info PAckage.

There is no Datasource name , infosource name , source system name. But the request is starting with APO.

Is any one having any idea how these requests are getting created.

Sudhakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakara,

You may get this request, if you are doing realignment on your Infocube using the Data Realignment functionality in APO. Check if any realignment has happened in APO during the request date and for both planning area and infocube in the job variant (if you have scheduled in BG)

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh

But there was no re-alignment , I guess we have identified the issue . One of the KF which was referenced in more than one Planning areas is being modified by a Macro and this job is causing the data loaded into the referenced cube with  "APO-REQUEST".

Thank you all .

Sudhakar

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakara,

I think this is the final finding - Since your KF in Planning Area is referenced from the Cube, hence you see requests in the cube when the data is modified. (I have not seen this KF usage from infocube earlier in my projects - Thanks for Sharing)

The same KF being used in multiple Planning Areas is the default scenario. Unless the existing KFs are quite different from your requirement in the planning area, the same KFs would/should definitely be used in multiple Planning Areas.

Thanks - Pawan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Probably, someone from your team might be using the program CUBE_SAMPLE_CREATE (t.code SA38 or SE38) to populate the cube with sample data.

This program allows you to load sample data (randomly generated of loaded from master data or added on fly) into your cube without using infopackage etc. 

Please check the link http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-26529 for details.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh

But we are not creating any test data through  - CUBE_SAMPLE_CREATE. It is some other process that is creating these requests.

Sudhakar

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakara,

I haven't seen this kind of requests myself, but found some more info on SCN:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2030891

Talk to your BW colleagues, they might have some more information on what they are doing in your APO system.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar

Looks like the same issue - please check http://scn.sap.com/thread/385199.

Thanks,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pawan , i have checked this blog but is not giving much info regarding the issue i am facing.

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasun

but there was no solution in that blog. hence created a new one.

Sudhakar

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

While searching SAP notes for something else, I came across few notes related to the key word "APO-REQUEST". Probably, you may get some useful information there. It looks like APO Requests will be triggered if planning area data is extracted and loaded into Info Cube. Is your infocube being used as a virtual infoprovider to test the APO data source?

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh

Checked them as well but the problem i am facing is of different kind

Sudhakar