cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display a stored procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to display the contents of a stored procedure? e.g. in SAP standard there's a call:  EXECUTE PROCEDURE "APS_PEGID_GET_IO1" ... and I would like to see what it's doing, if possible.

Thanks,

William

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197445
Contributor
0 Kudos

Depends on your backend database.  In my environment (SQL Server backend), I would have to find a database administrator with access to the DB server and ask them to send me the procedure contents.  I doubt you could view the procedure contents directly from SAP.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

For SAP liveCache documentation please see  the SAP note 767598.

You could see in the LC10 transaction or in lcinit.log the Names of all LCA procedures, which have been called from ABAP.

As you know the liveCache objects stored in the class containers can be  accessed and manipulated only via LCA routines which are  methods of COM objects. The registration of the LCA  routines is done automatically when the liveCache is started by the LC10, check the lcinit.log file.                  

The shared procedures in the LiveCache are written in C++  and shipped to the SAP customers as binary shared libraries, or DLL on windows server, (LCA < or COM > -Routines) together with the LiveCache. The original C++ source code of the libraries is not generally available to the customers.                                                      

The LCA or COM routines called on SAP systems connected to the liveCache by  ABAP “OM” function modules.

If you need to see the interfaces of the procedures, you may  use 'se80' transaction on SCM system, for example, and navigate in the Development class  '/SAPAPO/OM'.                                                       

In new SCM releases you could see documentation after you will display the FM /SAPAPO/OM_PEGID_GET_IO, for example, in /nse37 & click on FM documentation.

You can get more information about liveCache and COM object on the following links:                                             

http://service.sap.com/scm      

Regards, Natalia Khlopina             

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've been told by my DBA that "APS_PEGID_GET_IO1" is a LCA COM routine written in Livecache.

Is it possible to see what it is doing? The DB is DB6

Thks,

William