Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong partner type and partner number

former_member205100
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im posting the messages from legacy to ECC via PI, the messages is succeslful in PI and payload has correct partner number and partner type,

but when it reaches the ECC and on checking the IDOc i could see a differnet partner number and type and leading the IDOC failed.

can any one please suggest on this.

Note: when i enable ' Apply control record value from payload ' and 'Take sender from payload' option at that time it works perfect.

But here the CC used in this scenario(1) is also been used in another scenario(2), So if the above option is enabled for that scenario(2) then this will fail.

This was perfect until some time before No idea why this is not working now.

Regards,

Sethu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check the mapping program for Control Record segments(EDI_DC40) for both the scenarios and let me know is they are same or different? Check for sender ID and Receiver ID elements on both the mappings.

Justin(Raj).

former_member205100
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

Thanks , Yes in one scenario control record segment where enabled but not in others.

but still this same scenario works in one of Q system , thats where Im stucked .

Regards,

sethu.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sethu,

Based on your  response, to me it seems like there are 2 communication channels even in the QA system.

One comm.channel Apply values from payload checked

One comm.channel Apply values from payload unchecked.

Can you please confirm the Receiver agreement pointing to the same comm.channel in QA?

Justin.     

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you provide more details on the exact problem..

1. Control record with partner values what is coming to PI and what is going from PI

2. What is the logical system maintained for your business systems used

3. what is the error message you are getting for IDoc (56 or 51) ?

above info is needed to provide more inputs to your query.

Cheers

Rajesh

former_member205100
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

1,  The value moving out from PI is as below

- <EDI_DC40 SEGMENT="1">

<TABNAM>EDI_DC40</TABNAM>

<DIRECT>1</DIRECT>

<IDOCTYP>ORDERS05</IDOCTYP>

<MESTYP>ZST_ORDERS</MESTYP>

<MESCOD>ZGM</MESCOD>

<SNDPOR>X</SNDPOR>

<SNDPRT>KU</SNDPRT>

<SNDPRN>4459</SNDPRN>

<RCVPOR>X</RCVPOR>

<RCVPRN>X</RCVPRN>

but when It reach the ECC the partner number and Partner type changes to different one.

Partner number as 'BFPWMQINTA'

Partner Type 'LS'

2, Logical system and business systems are the same

3, EDI: Partner profile inbound not available.

But when i enable ' Apply control record value from payload ' and 'Take sender from payload' option at that time it works perfect.'

Need to know how this get changed in ECC.

BR,

Sethu

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sethu,

Pls open the communication channel of adapter type Idoc. Here find out the service name of the sender system. This must be name of an business service or business system. Double click on the name and you will reach the business system/service details.  Here click the service tab and check adapter specific Identifiers. It should show as per example shown in screen shot below

If logical system name is missing then you need to put logical system name in System Landscape directory. Take BASIS team help. I feel your development /test system lacks the logical system name.

Then this problem will be resolved.

Regards

Anupam

former_member205100
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Everything looks same , and even until yestaerday it works fine in another system.

no Idea why this is behaving strange.

Regards,

Sethu.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sethu,

When you enable Apply control record values it is taking the values from mapping,but other case it reads from configuration time and pass it to IDoc.But best design point of view enabling Apply control record values is not a good idea, at the time of transport you might face some problems like have to change values manually according to Quality/Production.

Simple solution for your problem is you have to find the why it is taking wrong partner number.

other alternative Santos clearly explained.. chose any option it works. But i dont recommend creating multiple communication channels.

Regards,

Raj

former_member205100
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thanks for your inputs, but Im just wondering the same scenario is working in Q and prod system but why not in the Test system. Is there better way to analyse this Issue?

I cannot go for changing the CC as it runs fine in prod system instead I need to analyse this?

your hlep will be appriceiated much.

Thanks.

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have below options.

Option 1 : Using Communication Channel.

Change the Scenario-2 Message mapping and populate all sender and receiver component partner number in the mapping and enable the Apply Control Record, Take Sender and Receiver from Payload option. So both Scenario-1 and 2 will have the partner info in IDOC XML and the same will be populated to ECC with the Communication Channel Configuration.

Option 2 : Use Reciever Aggrement.

In Scenario-1 Receiver Aggrement choose the Header Mapping Option Sender Communication Component and Receiver Communication Component. Select the sender legacy system and ECC business system respectively. Make sure both the Legacy Business Service and ECC business System has the Correct Logical System if not assign them.

Option -3: Duplicate the Communication Channel for Scenario-1 and enable Apply Control Record option

~SaNv...

former_member205100
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

still why Im wondering is this scenario is working perfectly in prod environment.

but why this is not working now in pre prod which was working few days before.

what changes made in the system to behave like this.

Regards,

Sethu

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't you just create separate receiver communication channels for both scenarios then, since they have different requirements? I believe this is a better option that looking for workarounds. You will just set "Take sender from payload" in one channel and not set it in the other one.

Regards,

Greg