cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job scheduling and files combination

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. I have two PI jobs: job 1 and job 2, is it possible I make a shedule so that job 1 start first and waits job 1 finish, then start job 2?

2. I have to process two files for the sender's file adapter using wild card to pick up the files, now PI generates two xml files for these two files, is there any way I can make PI to only generate one xml file for these two files?

Really appreciate your input

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

#1: You have two options here. When defining the start condition for job 2, you can choose "After job" instead of Date/Time that is most frequently used. Then you type the name of job 1. See here:

Alternatively you can define a single job with two steps, running two ABAP reports one by one.

#2: As far as I know, this can only be done with Specifying Additional Files in the Sender File Adapter

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg, thank  you very much for the answers.

#1: I would prefer the first option, what is the job name would be? my Communication Channel's name?

#2: I was hoping the solution you would suggest might be able to solve my problem. Actually my problem is bit more complicated: I have THREE files to process, now I am using wild card to pick them all up in once and there are THREE XML files generated, and I just want TWO XML generated, two of the files go into one XML file, the other file goes into one XML file. Is there any solution for this?

So sorry if I cause any confusion.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

#1: If your job2 is not created yet, then you do it in sm36. The window top toolbar shows:

Just use the "Start condition" button to get the view I mentioned in the previous post.

For an existing job, display it in sm37, then mark the checkbox next to it and choose Job -> Change from the top menu (or Ctrl + F11) to get there toolbar with "Start condition" button.

#2: Does it always work like that? Are there always three files, one pass-through and the other two for some mapping? If so, creating two separate scenarios might be the best solution: one pass-through without ESR objects, and the other "normal" one as I described earlier. I think same could also be achieved with BPM.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Greg.

#1: Does defining a job always invlove Programing it in ABAP?

#2: This is an update on an existing job, it used to be only one file, because the substantial amount of data increased, the ONE file is splitted into THREE files based on the client requirements. And all the THREE files will go through the same mapping, but TWO xml files needed to be created.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>> #1: Does defining a job always invlove Programing it in ABAP?

Not really, you can define an existing ABAP program as a background job, so that this program was started automatically on a regular basis, for some reason.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg, thanks for all your postings, you've been very helpful.

Answers (0)