Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Multiple plant in roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

I have create role and assigned to user. But a user need multiple plant access to enter MIGO document.

How i can do the multiple plant access to user?

1. Should i create plant wise role?

2. create one role and assign multiple plant. 

Actually i have created plant wise role which too time consuming. Please tell me that how can assign multiple plant to a role?

Regards,

PK.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

It depends on how your business is working and requirement. If people working in an area which has 3 plants and always require access to 3 plants, then you can create 1 role. If different people with same type of responsibilities need access to individual plants then one role for each plant.

Use Derived roles concept to save time on maintenance of plant roles. You can setup master role to have access to all the plants, then create derived roles which are copy of master role except for Organizational values. Only organizations values(Comp Code, Plants, Plan Version...) have to be maintained in the derived role everything else will be copied from master role.

Regards,

Ajesh.

0 Kudos

Dear Ajesh,

Thnx for your promt replay.

I have created roles as you mention. But, is there any option to set multiple plants on user parameter. Than it is not require to create plant wise roles.

Regards,

PK.

0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Authorization has to be given from role level only, parameters are not going to work.

Regards,

Ajesh.