cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement Rule Error in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a product that is assembled with variant configuration.  I was able to process the order successfully using order type "OR," however, when I try to do it with "ZOR," I encounter significant errors which I have not been able to resolve.  Furthermore, the research I have conducted has yielded few results or hints.  So, if you could please help me, I would appreciate it. 

When I configure the product, the process is okay.  However, when I save the order things begin to go crazy.  First, i get an error message which says "settlement rule for assembly order for item 00010 could not be generated."  If I click yes, answering the question "should the order still be saved," I get another error which says "error when processing production order."  I can save past that error message as well.  I then get a confirmation message saying the sales order has been saved.

However, if i click No for "settlement rule...," I get an error message V1380 which says exception 5 has been triggered.  Exception 5 is:  Update has been rejected. 

So, if someone could please explain to me what is going on, and how I could resolve it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

P. Kaushal

Screenshots are attached:

Also, a broad view of the line item within the Sales Order:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOLUTION:

Hi everyone, I found the solution.

1. Go to the material master for your variant configuration item
    1. In my case, I used the T-Code MM02 (change material) and searched the material hardbumper_softcas.
  2. Then, go the the MRP 3 Tab and make sure that "strategy group" is populated with a value of "25." 
    1. Screen shots are attached.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.  Also, look at my threads for more solutions to Variant Configure issues!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether any of the following notes would be of helpful to you:-

1)  Note 103771 - V1380 in VA01 for KMAT with assembly processing

2)  Note 302736 - Assembly order: Termin. w/ msge V1380 when you save

3)  Note 330648 - Termination V1380 after saving sls doc.with assembly

4)  Note 601506 - Error message V1380 for create assembly order

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Ganesan,

That unforutnately did not work.  My SAP software is up to date and, therefor, does not lend itself to being updated.  I am including a view of the line item: