cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM21 Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have had an issues raised to me. Since the weekend SM21 is only showing back to 4am for the current day. It appears as though there is no more information to be read beyond that.This is only an issue on our production server. Dev, Test and QAS are not having this probelm.

I have compared the profile parameters between Production and our QAS system and there is no difference that appears here. The SAP standard background job that is scheduled to clear out these logs is leaving 35 days worth of data in the system.

Is there a way of looking at the log files other than using SM21? so that i can prove that something is actually clearing out the logs or that SM21 is having an issue reading the log file.

Thanks,

Emily

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Emily,

Is it happening for single app server or all app servers? As Subhash said, local log might have reached the maximum permissible length. Please compare the value of parameters

rslg/max_diskspace_local and rslg/local/file with other systems.

I would suggest you to take a look at the below thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/406878

Is it a sudden behavior?

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emily,

Please check the below link, Please check if the system time zone is proper.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/574981

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish,

The system time zones are fine. It appears as though SM21 is only displaying entries going back 6 hours as i can only see back to 6:30 am now. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Emily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emily,

Can you check the SAP note 48325?

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have had a look at that SAP note and the attached SAP notes and it has not made a difference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is max memory setting for SLOG after that the entire content is overwritten.

Each SAP System application server has a local log that receives all the messages output by this server. The system log records these messages in a circular file on the server. When this log file reaches the maximum permissible length, the system log overwrites it, starting over from the beginning. (The location of the local log is specified in the rslg/local/file profile parameter.)