cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the first view to be called?

0 Kudos

Hi, just a simple question, when I created the component I initially wrote the wrong view to be called. How do I change that afterwards?

I have a main view called MAIN which consist of a view container element. Inside the view container  I have embedded two views.

I would like to call the view called MAIN and depending certain circumstances call either view A  or view B.

Thank you, regards Lena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leena,

Answer to your first question, to set the view to be called first, you could go to the window and in side the window set the view as default (right click on the view, choose set as default) which you want to call first.

For your second question. For each view ( A and B ), you would have a outbound - inbound plug configured in windows. Based on your condition call the outbound plugs, as per out bound plugs the view would be called in the view container of your man view.

Regards,

Nitin

0 Kudos

Thank you Nitin, I found the set default thank you.

Could I ask you, should I create an outbound plug in the window calling the main view and in the mainview call outbound A for view A or outbound B for view B depending the conditions?

Thank you! regards Lena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lena

In your main view, in wdDoInit you may test your condition;

if condition A, fire an outbound plug to viewA.

If condition B, fire an outbound plug to viewB

regards

yuval

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Leena,

Create 2 outbound plugs in your main view( 1 for view A and 1 for view 2). Create inbound plugs for each view view A and view B. Go to your window, drag your 2 views A & B to the view container element of Main view. There you configure your inbound plugs and outbound plugs with respective views.

Now in your method of main view, according to your condition call the respective outbound plugs of main view.

I hope this will solve your doubt.

Regards,

Nitin

Answers (0)