Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC <-> PI 7.1 <-> SOAP

ernesto_cruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We are working at scenary RFC <-> PI 7.1 <-> SOAP. We are researching about the following:

In the channel receiver, we are searching a setup for notify automatically when the Server WS is down. Specifically in the Module section, somebody we could help to add the correct parameter that notify to PI. I attached the image

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ernesto,

I've thought other aproximation. If the SOAP service is down normally the external server will give you an html error. If you have a synchronous scenario in the message back you could prepare a java mapping to deal with this error.

Regards.

ernesto_cruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki, we come back to research about this question. From your tips, we need notify the error messages from WS to SAP, across a development a java mapping. Is it correct my appreciation?

I do not know how can capture the error from the WS to map it using Java mapping.

Regards!

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ernesto,

I have got the same opinion that Amit. You could create easly an alert with the failed messages with this document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3804

If you want to include monitoring information, Michal has created today an interesting blog to do this http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/06/27/michals-pi-tips-how-to-get-rwb-me...

(if you find Michal's blog useful don't forget to rate it )

Regards.

ernesto_cruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Iñaki, We test your tips and all ok. But the Requeriment says: recover the fault message from WS, capture it from PI, across mapping, and send it to RFC.

Some tips for our solution.

Thank you in advance!!

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One Possible approach is if there are application errors due to processing invalid or unexpected data then target system (host webservice)  can pass errors as response fault message and you can pass it to RFC. But for system errors you might not able to get response from target system. This case you can use alerts( as other experts pointed out) as the notifiying mechanism.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ernesto_cruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello people, as the customer needs another solution, he needs notify to SAP PI through a message, the system error. We close the post. PI not satisfied the requirement of client

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Personally i would thought of using alert mechanism to handle such situations and raising an alert...

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>> we are searching a setup for notify automatically when the Server WS is down. Specifically in the Module section, somebody we could help to add the correct parameter that

IMHO, I don't think any parameter that would automatically provide signal to channel when the web service is down.  But there are parameters to give acknowlegement for the message.

You might want to check this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/bf/27fd3b651f6a1ce10000000a11402f/content.htm