Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO Demand Planning - promotion planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using APO V5.

I am interested in promotion planning, and have these two questions:

1. Is it possible to create 'template promotions', which specify parameters such as number of periods, and use such 'template promotions' when creating an actual promotion?

2. When I see promotion quantities in cells of an interactive DP planning book view, how can I see reference to the promotion to which the quantities refer?

Thanks, Bob Austin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Bob,

I am not completely sure if my answers are what you are expecting, but try these

1. There is something similar from version 4.0 called "Promotion base". You can maintain a promotion base for common promotions. When you create a promotion and assign this promotion base, the system automatically loads the relevant settings from promotion base.

For further information, see

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/8f/9d6937089c2556e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

2. Not sure...but as far as I understand promotions, no product at a particular location at a particular time period can have more than one promotion. Even in case you have such a scenario, there should be a characteristic that's different between the promotions. So if you can drilldown( I mean in interactive planning assign these characters in header and you can see details), you should be able to find out how much of the total promotion goes to which promotion.

Hope these help.

Gurus, please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi group APO,

Answer to Q1: I think the standard SAP promotion components doesn't the "template" functionality that you are looking for. However, you can create a custom program to do this.

I am thinking of the following:

1) You will create your "promotion templates" in the standard SAP promotion planning screen.

2) A custom ABAP program will be created which will copy a certain "promotion template" to a new promotion. The new promotion can later be edited in the promotion planning screen. The program can use the promotion BAPIs to accomplish this (BAPI_PRMSRVAPS_GETLIST, BAPI_PRMSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI)

Answer to Q2: I am not sure I understand your question correctly. If you go the promotion planning screen, you will be able to see the promotion's "total" values and also the CVCs that has been assigned to this promotion. Alternatively, you can use program /SAPAPO/PROMOTION_REPORTING which comes handy when displaying CVCs and it's promotion or vice versa.

Hope this helps