cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop transport when error code 8 occurs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

Recently I had an error code 8 during a transport request to a productive system. It was a syntax error in an object produced by forgetting to transport a previosuly request.

After the error code 8, this object was overwritten, so the sintax error was propragated to the target system, and many dumps were generated.

¿Is there any configuration option in the transport management to avoid this issue?

We will wanted to stop the transport when an error code 8 or higher occurs, and the object that produce the error should not be modified in the target system.

Many thanks for the help.

Regards,

Pablo.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

I am also getting the same issue once.

I did deleted the request and re-imported it with overwrite originals and import request again

I hope this information will be help full

Thanks

siva

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo and Siva,

This community is for Transportation Management (i.e. the physical movement of goods from location to location using trucks, trains, ships, airplanes, etc.).  For transports of code or master data changes from one system to another, please post  your question to a BASIS or ABAP community.

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

1. I guess, we have not option to stop the modification when the transport is in progress/failed. Change once done cannot be undone, it needs another request to overwrite the changes. But we have options to overwrite originals and overwrite objects in unconfirmed repairs after the transport request fails.

2. In your case, suppose Tr-A and Tr-B are two dependent transport requests. Instead of importing Tr-A first, by mistake Tr-B was imported and failed with error code 8 because of dependency. Here you may just import Tr-A and re-import Tr-B. While re-importing Tr-B, don't forget to choose Overwrite originals and Overwrite objects in unconfirmed repairs in 'Options' Tab.

Hope this helps
Regards
Sai