cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer data from HR to PS for a project with only WBS Elements

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

As in subject, I am trying to figure out why transfer of data from HR to PS is not happening when CATA is run. The project I am working on has only WBS Elements. In CAT2, user hour entries are made against Activity type, Receiver WBS Element. When CATA is run, the data is transferred to HR, CO. A controlling document has also been generated. When postings are made for a project against Network - Activity, the records were transfered to PS, cuz the Confirmation parameters were maintained.

I have checked the Note 555947 - PS/PM: Confirmation by CATS (Consulting note). But, this note seems applicable for a project where you have activities. Please advise how I can make this work for a project with only WBS Elements and no Network-Activities.

-thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please let us know the need to transfer the data from HR to PS? What would you achieve by transferring the data to PS? You have mentioned that you are transferring the data to HR and CO which i think is more than enough. In any case once you approve the hours and transfer it to CO actual costs get posted against the receiver object, in your case WBS.

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Gokul,

Thanks for your response. I was under assumption that, you must transfer the records from HR to PS in order for the CJI3 report to reflect the actuals posted against WBS/Network - Activity. However, I have checked CJI3, but the costs were not posted against the WBS Element entered during CAT2 trx. I checked table CATSCO which has the entries posted. Please advise.

-thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

After you did the CAT2 entry did you approve the hours and then transfer it to CO? Also check if the rates are maintained in KP26 for the combination of cost center and activity type that you used while doing the CATS booking. Moreover, when you run CJI3 check the date range for which you are executing the report. The date range specified in CJI3 influences the values diaplyed in the report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CAT2 is used for time booking by the employees whoever assigned to post on respective receiving objects like WBS, Network and Network Activity.

Book your time in CAT2 > Approve time by the Manager (some times HR team set up profiles where in approval is exempted but this is not applicable for all the levels of employees).

You will see the approved or rejected data in CATS_DA basing on input parameters keyed in.

Then it would be transferred to receiving objecs like WBS, NWA in PS using CATA.

The prerequisite would be

1. PS team to set up work center and assign it to network acivity. Activity must be in REL status.

2. CO team to set up master data (Actity type and Cost center)

3. Employee master data has to be set up by HR and assigned with Cost center and Activity type.

Whenever an employee posts hours and transferred booked hours, system transfer the cost of rate maintained in HR master data to project network activity.

Then you follow what Gokul has suggested in CJI3 to view your transferred costs from time booking on network activities.

Regards,

Sudhakar

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Gokul,

There was no need for approval of hours, as the checkbox for "Release on saving" & radio button for "Without approval procedure" is selected for the data entry profile (CAC1) used. Activity type pricing is done in KP26. The issue was we forgot to deselect the "Test run" checkbox in CATA for the values to be actually transfered. The actual cost posting are now dispalyed for the WBS Element in CJI3. However, the "No data for transfer to PS" message still appears. We had the same issue earlier and wasn't consistent when a different data entry profile / Personnel number is used.

Thanks for your help.