Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing already loaded (but changed) ESR content

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have ESR original content for SNC 7.0 which was changed unintentionally. I then have my basis try to update the esr content but to no avail. Then I tried to delete the affected objects (interface mapping "GsverfGsverf03_InvoiceRequest_01", imported archive "GsverfGsverf03_InvoiceRequest" and integration scenario "Invoice_Processing") because I was hoping update then would work. Unfortunatelly still no changes after reimporting the esr content.

After that I discovered that if I do a right click on the SWCV and chose "show support package" there is a "current version" and a "Support Package 6" (our current SNC version).

How can I get the "current" version updated? Do I have to delete the whole software component from Integration Repository.

Thanks and kind regards

Jens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

Inaki is right...

But first delete the ESR content(Interface Mapping) and then we can bring deleted ESR contents back as shown in above screen shots,

but have a condition here if you want to bring "previous version Interface Mapping" then we need to create new Interface Mapping with the same "Name & Namespace & SWCV"(in same interface folder as created earlier) of previous deleted "Interface mapping".

then follow mentioned steps,

1) after creating new "interface Mapping" just save and activate it.

2) then go to history, and choose your version.

3) after choosing your version you will have your previous version back but before moving further, you just "edit" it, then dialog box will appear & will ask for "EDIT", click on "EDIT" then save and activate it.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Nikh

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

I don't remember if the PI 7.0 has the next possiblity:

In History you could obtain all the past versions of the object.

Regards.

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki,

thanks for the sugesstion. PI 7.0 (you were right about the version, sorry I did not mention that) does offer "History". But how would I go on from that? If I save the history version of the SWCV itself it would become the current version (probably).

Is it wise to try this or should I be better off deleting and redeploying the whole SWCV?

Kind regards

Jens

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

As far as i know if you want to reuse an old object version, a SAP system always generates a new version, you are right with this.

Redoploying all the SWCV probably lets you to obtain your required version, but the question it's to try to do it easier.

History only could be used if you activated the object when you deployed it the first time. Look my example:

Now, I click the second version, if i try to edit it, pay attention to message:

This way must be used in every ESR's object.

I think it is a interesting question, we can also wait if someone could clarify better this problem.

Regards.